1/16 Trumpeter T34/85

S

spreaders1946

Hi All,

Just Retired and need something to occupy self,so returning to modelling,How this hobby as changed,saw this beast thought it would take quite some time to build,so have one on it's way from China,i am looking for in formation on what to use to make the pipe and cable work on the engine,also any other information would be apprieciated.

Awaite your replies.

spreaders1946

C

CDW

First of all welcome to the forum, there's planty of retired / returning modelers here so you're not alone :smiling3:

For the engine details there's plenty of stuff you can use to scratch build each item, i'll list a few that i've used and then others will no doubt add to the list

for cables - twisted copper wire, nylon twine, photoframe wire.

for pipes - soldering wire, bell wire, soft plastic tubing/insulation,

cheers

colin

p.s. how 'bout a first name so we can be informal :smiling3:

S

spreaders1946

Hi Colin and member from Doncaster,

thanks for your wecome to the site,thanks also for information,still abit baffeled as to the gauge of this matterialI am sure I will be picking your brains befor I get started on this,at the moment while i waite arrival of the beast ,getting equipment together,I did say returning,gathering info on the T34/85 Factory 174

S

spreaders1946

Hi Colin,

Dont know if I'm doing things right when posting reply hope so

Regards

John

D

dubster72

Hi Colin, welcome to the forum!

For upgrade parts, you can check out Tankzone, they do stuff for the T-34 :

TankZone - Ready To Run Radio Controlled RC Model Tanks

And my old thread for the Dragon 1/35 example might help too :

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/under-construction/8621-painting-t-34-85-a.html#post57954

I'd also ask a moderator to move the thread to 'under construction'.

Cheers

Patrick

S

spreaders1946

Thanks for your wecome Ian,

Have you built or do you have any info on 1/16 Trumpeter T34/85,trying to gather as much info as i can befor i start the build.

Regards.

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A warm welcome to the forum John.

Good luck with the build......Muck in and have fun.

Ron

B

Buttonman

Welcome John

What ever you need or want too know the guys on here will know, i'd wait till you get the beast then you'll be able to gauge the extra bits easier.

Have fun 1\16th is huge

Martin

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome aboard and I hope you have a great time reading through the forums.

I will move this to a more appropriate place. When you start a build thread you can put that in the tank section in under construction.

Ian M

B

Buttonman

John just had a look at the trumpeter web site and they give you pretty much everything you need and more loads of boxes and sprews

good luck

Martin

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here you go John. Summat to aim for!

http://ipmssantarosa.org/uploads/Russian_T-34_Short_Build.pdf

Gern

PS It's a big file so might take time to upload.

S

spreaders1946

Cheers Guys,

thanks for the welcome and offer of support,think i'm going to need it in the coming months,Did find that site Dave while trawling web,it's a big un,dont know if i should try somthing a bit smaller first,dont want to mess it up,anyway thanks for everyones support.

Regards to all

John

B

Buttonman

Bigger is better:tongue-out: just ask Mobear .

Easier to paint and make before you start on the small stuff and start breaking and losing things

Martin

S

spreaders1946

Hi Guys,

the beast has arrived,looking for more info thought someone may be able to help,do you know of any sites where i can get full drawings of the V-2 Engine,need referance for fuel lines ect.unable to start yet having to have a op on right hand,so still trawling net for info,mind bogling,all bits and pieces coming together nicely.

Regards to all

John

C

capt-pugwash

Hi John and welcome keep us up to date on the t34 build sounds like a nice model.

jeff.