'Some Tigers can't swim.' Completed 'From a photograph' Summer 2011 G.B.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi all, here is my completed mini diorama for the Summer 2011 G.B 'From a Photograph'

The kit is a Tamiya 1/35 Tiger 1, early version. no.332. I have added, after a bit of butchery, 3 mini art figures. I have scratch built some bits of tarp., some bits and bobs and added a helmet and a small bag hanging on the turret side. The river is my usual liberal coatings of varnish plus bits of twigs and a bigger twig for the log floating in the water!

I struggled to get the right camera angle, I know it's not spot on, but it is the closest I could get after loads of attempts and I was starting to get a bit hacked off. ( Thank Christ for digital cameras!)

I hope you like my offering and please throw in any sort of comments, good or bad.

Below is a link to the build for this G.B.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/summer-2011-group-build-photograph/12987-summer-g-b-some-tigers-cant-swim.html

Cheers,

Ron

****, just had a look at the picture and you can't see the coat hanging on the gun barrel.....**** again!

View attachment 36718

View attachment 36719

Summer 2011 G.B. 015.jpg

Summer 2011 G.B..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ron thats top notch 5 stars from me the 2 pictures look just alike if mine turns out half as good i will be chuffed well done again

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great representation of the photograph Ron. Great work

Cheers

Paul

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It doesn't matter about the camera angle Ron, i've got it bang on mate. Top drawer stuff and very well deserves five stars too.

You keep havin' fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Ron, You have very much captured the image in the original photograph. Five from me as well.

How about a few more pictures, so we can also see more of the build. Its a shame to only see the one picture.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed,top modelling as ever. As for representing the photograph it's hard to tell which is which when you flick between them. Brilliant stuff.

Cheers

Steve

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Ron, again another great dio'

As I like things dirty, maybe I should have a look at these tank things !

Colin M........

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Great work Ron, You have very much captured the image in the original photograph. Five from me as well.How about a few more pictures, so we can also see more of the build. Its a shame to only see the one picture.

Ian M
What he said!

Gern

G

Greg147

Excellent work Ron, very well done. I hope mine looks half as convincing when it's done.

Although I will mention that you've missed out the mouse-cursor over the left exhaust ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb stuff ron, youve really cracked it ,its a carbon copy of the original pic. The attention to detail is excellent, and top marks for doing a very difficult subject ,Big 5 from me mate , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is my first read since I posted this thread and what great reading it is!

Thanks boys for taking the time to post your comments and the big 5, great stuff.

Greg, I don't know where the cursor came from, and I honestly never noticed it's inclusion until I read your post. What a balloon I am for not spotting it prior to the picture. It's rather put a damper on the whole thing, not to worry...

Sorry Ian and Dave, but I didn't take any more pictures as I presumed only one was required as per photo. After I took the photo I rebuilt the tank back to it's original form and removed the figures ready for the next butchery session!

Thanks again for the posts.

Cheers,

Ron

N

noble

Had to look twice to see which was the photo, top notch yet again Ron 5 from me.

scott

R

rogue-one

great stuff ron! picture perfect. all the wee details, everything. spot on.