1/24th Scale Figures

M

mikeg8

Hello All

The light is beginning to show at the end of the tunnel on my Fairmile D Type build at 1/24th scale and I'd like to add some suitable figures. Has anyone any ideas where I could get some?

Mike

M

Martyn Worsley

Crew figures to suit !:24 scale Fairmile D MTB/MGB

\ said:
Hello AllThe light is beginning to show at the end of the tunnel on my Fairmile D Type build at 1/24th scale and I'd like to add some suitable figures. Has anyone any ideas where I could get some?

Mike

:write:
Hello Mike,

Yes, there is an excellent source for figures at the correct scale to suit your 1:24 Fairmile D. The person to contact is John Smith who runs a very small business, from his home I believe. You will need to write to him initially with your enquiry.

Contact details are:-

John Smith

Precision Controls

7 Glenburnie Road

Bideford

NORTH DEVON

UK EX382LW

The quality of his work is exceptionally good, most of his figures are in moulded resin but some fittings are white metal and brass. His work is relatively expensive, as one should anticipate for quality work. You will need to file out a few seams here and there as well as excess resin. Most of the white metal castings are very good, although again, most will need a light clean up with a variety of small needle files.

Two things to be aware of; all resin mouldings will shatter or shed pieces if dropped, so you need to take care. Also, all mouldings need to be washed carefully in hot soapy water to remove the waxey release residue which is painted onto the moulds to enable the moulding to part cleanly from the mould.

John Smith has a standard set of deck fittings to suit the Fairmile D, but you will need to vary this list a little according to whether you are building a MTB or a MGB. He also has a variety of officers and crew to man your model but you will need to work out yourself what your crew will consist of.

Another supplied of resin mouldings, Mac's Mouldings can offer additional deck equipment (44 gallon drums, shell crates, rope coils etc.) should you wish to go to that detail. All mouldings and deck fittings as supplied are unpainted and will need a good deal of care and attention to achieve a quality finish. Nothing too difficult, if you are prepared to do a little work.

I am sure you will already know that painting small parts is an art in itself and the finish can ultimately make or mar the final appearance.

Good luck,

Martyn Worsley

(Australian Fairmile Squadron).

T

tim

hi mike

have a look at this site

George Turner Models: Model planes, model boats, model cars and model figures.

he goes to some of the bigger shows if you want to see before you buy

tim

N

new to trains

macs mouldings also sell george turners figures- combine the postage if you plan to buy some drums and stuff. !!!