1/32 scale Lady Wooes tug - advice please

I

IainM

Hi folks,

Has anyone out there built one of the Lay Wooes tugs ?

If so, which motors did you use for main propulsion please ?

I have a couple of Buelers and a couple of Pittmans but I am not convinced that either would be best for such a beamy, deep draft hull as this, even with speed reduction.

I'm guessing at a couple of 3 blade 65 or 70mm props.

I plan to build her as the Empire Paul if I can get some more photos for detail.

Ta muchly.

A

adzam

Ian ,

i`m building the Eldergarth from MMM, i`ve opted for 2 robbe power 1000`s

Alan is building ( in it`s final throws) the portgarth, again from MMM.

he`s opted for two spiral type motors from MMM, now supply on these is a bit hit and miss so best phone and find out, as of yet we haven`t tested either in teh water, but hopefully over teh next week or so this will be rectified.

We`re both running 70mm steerable korts with four blade props.

Both types of motors are relatively low drain, spiral motors aprox £14 `ish each.the robbe power 1000`s aprox £35 each .

i did have two type 8 motors from MMM, they where VERY smooth, and very low drain, but hardly any torque, touch the shaft with your finger and the motor slowed down drastically. so thats why i opted for the robbe items since teh spiral type was not available at the time.

any queries ian, post here, or if you like feel free to email myself or alan, i beleive you have our email address.

if required could even get some pics for you.

Adz..

I

IainM

Hey Chris, thanks a bundle.

I'd appreciate trading photos, just to see how the experts do it !

I'll need to try and get this one right ........... 4.5 lb bollard pull is some target to beat :smiling:

Spiral type ? Do you mean the ones with the worm thread cut on the output shaft and rated at 18 volt? I got one of these and it seems to be a powerful beast, at least if the startup torque is anything to go by.

Iain

A

adzam

ian no probs

i`ll get some pics for you, but i`m no means an expert ! i`ve been leaning on alan quite a bit for help and advice.

alan is hoping for nearer 8-10lb pull, but we`ll see

and yes ian thats teh motors i`m talking about !!

B

BlazingPenguin

For twin screw I usually opt for blower motors, but for single screw best Ive come across is those motors from a kids electric scooter, very torquey! And eats next to no amps.