1/35 Tamiya BMW R75 M/C & Sidecar

F

Fenlander

This will, hopefully become part of my first diorama.

Although a Tamiya kit, this is dated 1972 so is not bad for a 38 year old but does have a bit of flash but nothing that should cause a problem.

Again, probably due to the age of kit, the wheels of the M/C and mudguards are moulded together. A bit simplistic but it looks OK to me.

The figures and guns etc look quite nice, while I was taking the sprue pics of the figures, the face recognition focus kicked in on my Cannon G10 and locked on to the figures face, quite sweet I thought lol

Sorry about the pics but I have not worked out how you do the thumbnail sets.........

R

Richy C

The Tamiya Retro stuff looks as good if not better than a lot of the more modern made stuff , Graham what camera are you using because your photos are 1st class mate ,

Richy

F

Fenlander

I have two Richy. A Nikon D40 DSLR which I don't use much for quick shots. Most of the pics on her have been taken using a Cannon G10 compact, now replaced by the G11 (the week after I bought my G10 to be precise lol).

D

dubster72

That's a good kit Graham & not much different from the one that comes with Tamiya's fairly recent King Tiger kit. I'll watch with interest on how it develops-pun intended! And I'm envious of your camera-all my pics are done with my phone! Patrick

F

Fenlander

I have been totally obsessed with this kit since starting it, so much so I forgot to take picies. However, it has been build a bit, paint a bit, build a bit weather it, build a bit paint it and so on It would be very difficult to build it then paint it. However, it is a superb little kit, and it is little, but a pure joy to make. Would recommend it to anyone. Having said that, there are other makes available that don't have the wheel moulded into the mudguard which may be better.

Anyway, I am planning this for a simple and basic diorama so I have been weathering it up to be quite a dirty, well used machine. Decided to take some pics before I put on the last few detail bits, and you will see that there are some places where the wash is still to go on. These pics are way above life size so it may look rougher that it does in real life.

Just got the figures to do now and a small dio base to make.

D

dubster72

lol obsession with a kit-I know that one! This is coming together really well Graham! You've got the look of it very well, I'm waiting for the next bit! Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Graham, I especially like the 'distressed' leather look.

Well done.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great job youve made of this graham,well done .Itll be great to see the figures on it too. cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Thanks for the comments guys, I love this little kit. Just as an idea, it is 2.75 inches total length, those squares on the cutting mat are 1cm.

I hope I can get something out of the figures, not too confident but even if I screw them up, I still have the bike.

All the bits are on now, only decals going on will be the number plates but I have not decided which yet. Quite pleased with the satchel bags. Looking for a base now but I have ordered the horse mounted soldier kit so i may combine them onto one base. Somewhere I have seen a couple of germans on push bikes to, but I cannot remember where...

Last pics until figures are done.

I think military vehicles are going to be my thing. I have some aircraft to finish and a few not started yet which I will get on with but I have a feeling my favourites are going to be little things like this.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Graham, Netmerchants do them....3 German soldiers + their bikes in 1/72. They also have some in 1/35

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Cheers Ron be interesting to see if the spokes are fine enough. I know they cannot be true scale, they would be as thin as hair. Will have a look.

First Name
Peter
Hi, Netmerchants only retail Hat kits. Their 1/72 motorbikes are some misunderstanding - all you get is one blob of rubbery plastic (heres a review, so you can see what is in the box Plastic Soldier Review - Armourfast WWII German BMW with Sidecar). If you want a decent motorbike in 1/35 scale or lower - you have to scratch build like I do...

Regards,

Peter

F

Fenlander

Sadly I do not have your talent Marudek, if I did a scratch build, it would be worse than those you have linked to lol.

F

Fenlander

I have started my experimental figure painting. Can't say as I am too confident about this but here are my first base coats and wash. I have left the grey of the coats light as they will be getting a wash after the detail has been painted. You can understand their pained expression given the spikes they are sat on.

Again showing them in context. The bike looks a bit glossy as it has had a coat of Klear for protection, it will matt down again when I am ready to finish it off

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looking good so far graham, i really cant get the flesh colour right,but you look like youve cracked it , cheers tony

U

upnick

1/35 Tamiya BMW75 M/C & Sidecar

Hi Graham,

Great progress look forward to seeing more :great: you mentioned a horse for a dio i did this with the bike a few years ago i still need to finish off the flagged surface on the base your thread here has given me an idea how to spend a couple of hours :biggrin: this weekend.

Forgive the photos lighting & quality need to work on the pictures.

View attachment 31792

View attachment 31793

View attachment 31794

View attachment 31795

View attachment 31796

View attachment 31797

View attachment 31798

View attachment 31799

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
S

steve1

Great subject Graham,I like those old military bikes,Good job!

Steve1