1/350 HMS Prince of Wales Battleship

T

TheCat30

Short History

Launched: 3 May 1939 Built: Cammell Laird shipyard Fate: Sunk 10 December 1941, off Kuantan, South China Sea

Model Kit: Tamiya Kit # 78011

Scale: 1:350

Model Box

P

phalinmegob

i can see cammell laird shipyard out of my window.not a patch on what it used to look like in old pictures.your boat looks great

B

Bunkerbarge

Great job on the camoflage, I wouldn't want to take it on! It's hard to imagine we used to build things like this when you see what we are capable of building now, and that's progress!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's a great model and the fact it's stirred up a bit of emotion shows how good it is. I went to sea on 3 Cable ships all built in the 60's by Lairds, all were great ships.

Regards

Colin M........

B

Broony8023

Great Build. How long did it take you? What paints did you use? i can see that being my next build.

T

TheCat30

\ said:
Great Build. How long did it take you? What paints did you use? i can see that being my next build.
This build took me about three weeks to finish. I used Tamiya's paints. It was a really fun build. You'll enjoy the build. As is to all Tamiya kits, it goes extremely well together.

C

Caledonia

Hi Felix, I have always been tempted to do a plastic ship, but was always afraid it might look too artificial, your model has certainly layed that fear to rest, its an absolute stunner, and worth every one of the 5 Star from me. Cheers Derek

L

Lancasterb1

Love the marking on the hull, how did you acheive the pattern? Was it with blu-tack? Please let me know, I have the same ship in the stash waiting to be built!

Cheers

Andy

N

noble

I haven't made a battle ship yet but i have to say yours looks the dogs mate i like it a lot well made.

scott

D

Dave Garrett

if i walk down the road from us i can see it too and it is refitting a warship at the moment

G

Graham D

Great job, painting and a good build. I also like the camouflage

D

Dave Garrett

can you remember what colour you did the deck hatches and other general arrangement i chose to follow the tamiya instructions and do it the same colour hull bottom colour which is a mix of brown and red but it doesn't look right and looking at other peoples build they have painted them grey but i don't know what shade of grey thanks