1/35th Miniart German captured Daimler Dingo mk2 scout car

• Thread starter Ferrets Bueller
  • Start date
F

Ferrets Bueller

I built this nearly a year ago and only just got it home from my desk at work this week and finally put the decals on.

From what i can remember it was a right pain to make with alot of panels and parts not lining up properly. This was also before i started usiing Vallejo paints so this had been painted with tamiya and humrol paints.

When i first weathered it i went way overboard so when i got it home on sunday i removed some and added osme weathering where i thought it needed adding, im still unsure if its too much but im sure you guys will tell me. It is to go on a very dusty and dirty track next to my semi completed 1/35th Dragon rail gun shelf diorama, so the weathering should look ok (i hope). I just need to find what i did with the crew now

Again open to good and bad views

cheers

G

gillieman

That looks well good Paul, i like the side of the dingo where the glue as melted looks like the paint as chipped off.

J

John Huggins

Nice one Paul looks well good, i hope to aspire to this kind of skill.

Are you putting it on a small plinth !!.

John

A

adam402

its a nice jeep . .

it was great important in world war .

Last edited:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Wow Paul, that's one well beat up vehicle. Cracking work on the weathering.

Tony.

First Name
Fabio
Great job, love the weathering.

Fabio

F

Fenlander

I love this kit, like you say though, it is a 'challenge' in places lol. Mine was the British one, very detailed kit though. Nicely done heavy weathering Paul.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nope, i've looked long and hard and can't find anything bad about it Paul. Paintwork is spot on as is the weathering, and 'o' boy is this weathered. A little cracker that just needs five stars.

Have fun, John

R

rememal

Nice job.

I like these Dingo kits, I have a Mk1b built and a Mk1a and Mk3 to build and I`m eyeing up a Mk1 to build a BEF version.

Malc

A

AVB99

If you took a picture of that against a convincing background, we would be hard pushed to tell it was not the real thing. It looks metallic and the rusting is outstanding! More envy from me!

Well done - brilliant

Aidan