1/40 scale crew

S

sonparc

I am thinking about the Graupner Weisel kit for my next project but have not yet found a source for crew figures,does anyone have any suggestoins please?

Sonparc

M

magpie

Figures

Hi there matey

Have you looked at the Accurate Armour range? http://www.accurate-armour.com/showaaproducts.cfm?CFID=46913&CFTOKEN=31554162&category=9&subcategory=52

I bought a Panzer crew kit off them for my 1-40 U-boat and was impressed with the detail. They're a smidgen under 1-40 at about 1-35 or so, but that doesn't matter as people are all different heights anyway aye? Yoy certainly can't tell a split mm difference at that scale anyhow.

Here's a couple of pics of them. I hope this is of use.

Jason

View attachment 14111

View attachment 14112

Uboatcrew_2a1.jpg

Uboatcrewman_2.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

I have had a look around at the normal boat suppliers and could not find any 1/40th figures I'm afraid.

Do some maths and see if you are happy to use 1/35th I got them to about 7mm too big. They will appear a bit on the tall side but maybe you are happy with a tall crew. It might be the only option but there are a wealth of 1/35th figures around.

You would get away with it a lot more if you have them partially hidden in deck housings, wheelhouses etc where you could cut the feet off to lower the height a bit.

N

Nigel.D

1/35 as richard says if the folks are sitting or at a action position you would not notice the difference

N

Nigel.D

1/35 as richard says if the folks are sitting or at a action position you would not notice the difference