1/42 Leyland Princess 2000 by Heller

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This kit was given to me by my dad. He found this while clearing out his loft. Judging by the price tag he has had this a while! It is not what i would normally make but thought i would give it a go.

View attachment 83965

WP_000113.jpg

D

dubster72

Please tell me you're going to pimp it up! My dad had one of these & it was a dog!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
A bargain at 10p but the actual was just a bigger version of the marina so be careful no one drops a piano on it :D

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Gonna paint to the same colour as what my dad had. Was a dark red with vynal roof and beige interior!

D

Deleted member 3568

Like the ford corsair never really took off I think the styling was just a bit ahead of itself. I have to say like the corsair I loved it. Never owned one but loved it anyway.will be watching this with interest.

P

Polux

I have some little Heller kits at this scale, and are lovely ;)

I will looking it :smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
This kit was given to me by my dad. He found this while clearing out his loft. Judging by the price tag he has had this a while! It is not what i would normally make but thought i would give it a go.View attachment 84210
The proverbial land boat, wallowed all over when taking corners.:eek::eek::eek:

Literally bounced out of potholes:eek::eek::eek:

Especially when the hydro-lastic suspension seals started leaking!

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Gonna paint to the same colour as what my dad had. Was a dark red with vynal roof and beige interior!
BL Cardinal Red by any chance!

T

Tone M

when I first saw this, I thought No way!

Can't believe anyone actually made a kit of one haha

Not a truly bad car in it's day (big BL-BMC-AR Group fan lol) was mostly let down by poor build quality and a pretty bland looking body, there was a Pinifarina prototype that was A LOT NICER on they eye and of it's time, but never made production sadly :sad:

Can't wait to see this being built :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice subject, will be a unique model when finished.

As for the Princess, I can only agree with comments already made; my parents had friends who owned one and they were always underneath the thing fixing various items. Also vinyl roof coverings bring back memories of sweltering in the back seat on summer holidays as a kid, the car body having heated up beyond what is reasonable, and the vinyl seats burning your thighs and any other skin that may have the misfortune to come into contact with it. Then feeling ill from too many sweets combined with the heat. Ah yes, those were the days...

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Parts have been assembled and primed.Unfortunatly at some point in the may years this kit has been arounf one of the wing mirrors has gone missing so will have to go without!

I am now trying to find old photos of my dads Princess and find the same colour

R

roymattblack

Put it on Ebay ........

You might be gobsmacked by the bids.

This kit is HENS TEETH.

Roy.