1:72 Airfix A50106 - One small step for man...

• Thread starter Deleted member 9328
  • Start date

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I wasnt however good idea. But, just finished cementing legs and put on moon surface to show and found an issue..leg pads dont fit in preformed depressions so lesson here when fixing legs is perhaps use the mould to get leg and support angles right.
If you do cover in some sort of fine dust/sand, you can position the craft anywhere you want to.

D

Deleted member 9328

Another lesson tonight...extra thin cement either takes off the gold leaf on the foil, or the foil is too old to retain the gold on the foil!
Was I meant to use a different product to stick down foil with???

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Another lesson tonight...extra thin cement either takes off the gold leaf on the foil, or the foil is too old to retain the gold on the foil!
Was I meant to use a different product to stick down foil with???

Taff, get yourself some of this 'Elmer's' clear glue. I've been using it for ages. Sticks most things and dries crystal clear. I get mine from a certain auction site........

Watching the build too.

Cheers.
Ron

P1340306.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

D

Deleted member 9328

Lots more lessons recently...main one is to apply foil during strut and body build and not after they are put together! Canopy glue on foil working well
20220911_182634.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Um … aren’t you going to paint the model, then? I ask because that will be greatly complicated by the foil being on it already.

D

Deleted member 9328

Thanks for reply. There is some painting required and looking at original Apollo 11 images, it seems the black and aluminium looks liking blanketing. So I plan to use something to paint over parts of foil.