Ian
That looks large!

A great build and paint. Nice one.

Ian M

First Name
barry
Hi Guys

I hit wrong button and posted pics before i had finished

Dora is finaly finished after two months work i am quite pleased with it as it is the first time i have used pre and post shading and washes.

a few of the pics came out a little washed out so you cant see shading but others are not bad.

it is a nice kit to build with only a couple of minor things to alter ,half way through the build i decided to get a idea of the size of the thing i needed figures and trucks etc.

so after altering the base i have attached it to a baseboard and started turning it intio a dio ,that will be part two of this build

anyone wanting to build this dont be put off by the size just build it as a series of kits and join together when painted.

hope you like will be glad to answer any questions you might have on this build.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Barry, you have done wonderful work on this big build, it looks immense! The washes and pre-shading have worked really well and just give highlights without being overdone in my view, lovely paintwork too, is it airbrushed?

Si:smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow that looks amazing...and rather large:eek:. Great build:smiling3:

N

noble

WOW and that is in 1/72 beautiful work indeed and a bit of a monster too.

scott

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Barry, must have been a nightmare to paint and weather, but you have nailed it.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow that's a Fantastic build job, well done

S

Stevekir

It looks what it is, very heavy, solid, and big. I like the use of two tracks of railway.

I have often wondered how useful these rail-mounted guns were. Despite the double track I doubt that it would have been able to fire at more than a small angle sideways (due to the toppling recoil of the discharge). Also, being rail mounted (and on a pair of railways) it was limited in where it could go (although the static Front in WWI would have helped it). Also, being rather conspicuous and slow to relocate, it could have been at risk from aerial bombardment (although the stick-and fabric biplanes probably didn't have heavy enough bombs to upset it much.

Wiki has an interesting article at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_gun

S

steve scan

Simply stunning Barry, I am definitely tempted by one of these now, great finish and superb build.

First Name
barry
Thanks steve.

it is a great kit and a joy to build.