1/72 Junkers 290 A-5 Seeadler Revell

T

treyzx10r

I'm slowly getting my mojo back after the marathon B-17 build. This fun kit went a long way to helping that. Revell did a great job with the molding and there was virtually no flash and very little fit problems. I was however missing a half of the lower Gondola.

Half of a left over drop tank from a P-61 was a good starting point for scratching a replacement. Next up was Sure seal plastic repair epoxy to blend in the repair

2 part epoxy that works a lot like milliput but stays flexible. You can wet your finger and smooth it out nicely before it sets completely. Work time is about 5 minutes.

Next few pics are a work in progress adding back in details after the epoxy set

The rest of the build was really straight forward. As this is a gear up 'in flight' build I did'nt fool about with super detailing the interior it wo'nt be seen again.

Basic preshade of black then I applied the rlm 76 followed by some free hand A/B rlm 83 ,did my best to replicate the randomly applied field application. From pics I found it looks very hastily done with a Paint gun in full fan mode. I find it almost impossible to replicate accurately the varying witdth of paint applied in this manner with a A/B that can only spray narrow circle versus the flat fan spray pattern of a full size gun.

On goes the standard splinter with rlm 74/75

The rest of the build was just adding exterior details ,decals and the usual weathering so I wo'nt bore you all with that . On to the finish ! Adding some A/B work on some cotton balls and stringing it up I came up with this ,hope you all enjoy! cheers Trey

Last edited:
W

Willi262

You seem to have a thing for those "big birds"...

Lookin' good!

P

Polux

Magnificent work ;)

Wow!! that's what I call a battle :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: the effect is really well done, congrats :P

Cheers

Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Makes me regret even more breaking the back of mine halfway through the build!

The smoke and flames are particularly well done - I can't remember seeing anything more realistic in this scale.

Gern

D

dubster72

That is really really good! I do like a dynamic scene instead of all the conventional poses.

Cheers

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I just love this Trey!! The model is superbly built and painted (top scratching BTW , and kudos for the extremely difficult mottle job!) but the flame and smoke effects with the dynamic posing with the chasing spit really gets the adrenalin flowing , its like a Roy Cross box top artwork come to life !! Great job mate , cheers tony

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that is great , I love that fire and smoke , lovely painted and presented very well :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow real lov the flame and smoke, on top off the a great build and paint job,

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Trey, great work and a great display. Strike one to the Sea Hurricane :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work again Trey, looks superb.

Si:smiling3:

A

andyrobs

Outstanding build Trey, amazing effects on the flames and smoke mate!!! What a dogfight it musta been!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

C

Caledonia

I second yak faces comments Trey, superb work plus great originality. Cheers Derek

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Trey

Even with a fun build your skills shine through.

Love the mottling, gondola rebuild and the smoke and fire!

Terrific looking aircraft and it looks like you had great fun building it!!! :smiling3:

All the best fella

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Thank each and everyone of you kindly for all the positive comments,really appreciate it!!!