2010 Mclaren Question

S

Sauber

After buying the revell mclaren 2010 F1 car, I realised that the decal for the track map that sits to the drivers left in the cockpit was(for the silverstone option) of the old layout and not the new 2010 one with the arena section. Does anyone know if it was really like this or if if it is a mistake on revell's part? reference pictures might be helpful here if you can. thanks.

M

munkster

Aren't the Revell kits 1/24 scale? How small must that decal be?? Good luck finding a reference pic for that - you could always tweet Lewis (Twitter), Jenson (Twitter) or even McLaren themselves (Twitter) on Twitter and ask them! ;)

C

CDW

Blatting about at silly speeds then glimpsing a map that says there's no corner (when there is) wouldn't be good, although all the drivers know the tracks like the back of their hands anyway :smiling3:

Stands to reason that the map (if used by any individual driver) would be of the "actual" track layout they're running, the Arena layout is 759m longer with 4 extra turns (after "lead in" and "lead out" for the new section) you just can't leave this info off if you use a reference map "in cockpit"

I've actually only seen a "map" once in an F1 car (not saying i noticed such things to be honest :smiling3: ) this was a scrappy bit of paper selotaped in a Minardi driven by Friesacher in friday practice at Silverstone in 2005.

Wouldn't suprise me if Revell have included the decal sheet from the 2009 MP4-24, the MP4-25's a different shape but all the major decals are very similar (Vodafone, Algo, Jonnie Walker, Mobile etc etc)