28mm Oathmark Elven Rangers

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim

They've turned out great and love the palette idea. Just had a look and found that very palette online, will have to remember that trick!

Again great work and obviously pleased to hear the hand is improving, even if slowly.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew.
That’s the first time I’ve used the palette idea, probably won’t be the last though….
Glad about the hand as well. In fact, though it’s very early days I think the infusion meds might just be starting to make a difference. Let’s hope it’s not a false dawn……

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking lovely and autumnal ,Tim.
Glad the hands are getting better.
Do you actually game with these boys, or just enjoy the painting?

Cheers Andy, that’s why I always do faces first. Once they look like a little bloke I’m more driven to paint the rest.
I've found the same, Tim.
I used to leave the faces till last for fear of cocking them up and losing interest-and it does happen that way ,but I know enough now to just dust myself off and start again another day, and it usually comes out alright.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking lovely and autumnal ,Tim.
Glad the hands are getting better.
Do you actually game with these boys, or just enjoy the painting?

I've found the same, Tim.
I used to leave the faces till last for fear of cocking them up and losing interest-and it does happen that way ,but I know enough now to just dust myself off and start again another day, and it usually comes out alright.
I game them sometimes, but not recently because I haven’t had the energy to set it all up…..glad you like them though Neil.
The other reason I do faces first is that if you do cock it up there’s less to strip and repaint…….

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
These are great, Tim, and as usual you're being self-effacing suggesting the quality of finish is just technique and smaller brushes. You certainly need mastery of technique (which you have in spades) and the right equipment, but you bring those together and produce something really very good indeed - really impressive.

And good to hear you're feeling better, too.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
These are great, Tim, and as usual you're being self-effacing suggesting the quality of finish is just technique and smaller brushes. You certainly need mastery of technique (which you have in spades) and the right equipment, but you bring those together and produce something really very good indeed - really impressive.

And good to hear you're feeling better, too.
Cheers mate. Means a lot. I still think it’s mostly forward planning and a few basic techniques though :thumb2::thumb2:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really nicely done fella.Our neighbour paints similar.Just gave him a load of Citadel paints i didnt ever use.
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My apologies Tim, as I totally missed this latest round of finished Elven Ranger lawn ornaments. You haven't missed a trick in your skills, even if you are still not 100% yet. I do hope you are still getting better every day with the treatment. Take care my friend...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
My apologies Tim, as I totally missed this latest round of finished Elven Ranger lawn ornaments. You haven't missed a trick in your skills, even if you are still not 100% yet. I do hope you are still getting better every day with the treatment. Take care my friend...

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen. Not lawn ornaments though, these are Elf n safety ;)

Just tentatively thinking the meds might be doing something. They are not supposed to work for eight to sixteen weeks, so not really expecting anything until the end of May.

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tim, didn't realise it was going to take that long to feel or see any change ?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim, didn't realise it was going to take that long to feel or see any change ?
Pretty much par for the course on RA meds John. In effect, they knock out or switch off parts of the immune system (in this case beta lymphocytes, the bit that recognises antibodies) and you have to wait for the response actions those parts trigger to die down to see if the meds have been effective. I had a relatively good day yesterday, and suffered a few side effects last week, so I’m pretty hopeful at the moment…..

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pretty much par for the course on RA meds John. In effect, they knock out or switch off parts of the immune system (in this case beta lymphocytes, the bit that recognises antibodies) and you have to wait for the response actions those parts trigger to die down to see if the meds have been effective. I had a relatively good day yesterday, and suffered a few side effects last week, so I’m pretty hopeful at the moment…..
Thanks for that Tim .
Let's just hope that things continue in a positive manor .