48" Perkasa

B

Buzz

Hi Forum peeps,

Has anyone got any bulkhead plans/drawings for this boat? I have the side and top plans but the bulkhead plans were missing.

Thanks.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Strange. Which drawings are they? Is there any comment on them being sheet 1 of 2. or 1 of 3 suggesting a sheet is missing.

Normally the bulkhead profiles are on the side view drawings. Often half sides with the front on side and the rear on the other.

Ian M

B

Buzz

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, the original drawings had all I needed to complete the boat. I left the country a few years ago and gave my part finished boat and plans to my brother. While in Canada I asked my brother to send me the plans so I could try to start another build over there, anyhow it didn't happen and I left the plans over in Canada and they got lost, however, my brother had the foresight to copy the plans and since returning to the UK he sent me a picture of the copied plans but there are no bulkhead drawings, hence my request. My brother is going to send me his copy, of which I will copy them again and send them back.

Hope this explains.

Cheers

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well that explains that then,

Ian M

B

Buzz

yep, I suppose it does explain, but doesn't help me. I know the boat is an old model and I have seen lots of kits available with preformed hulls, but I want to build from scratch. The 49" model is a nice size and looks so good when out on the water.

Thanks for your interest.

B

Buzz

Hi Ian, I found a company in Norfolk who will sell me a set of pre-made bulkheads and keel for under £20, so panic over...