A novel tow

A

ajg141

Seen at the Edinburgh Model Boat Club SailFest held today. A novel entry for a future tug tow? Our Club secretary is practising already!

Andrew

View attachment 15513

SailFest100607 042a.JPG

A

adzam

at least of the sub sinks andrew you`ll have a good idea where it lies ;)

I

IainM

Andrew, you obviously didn't see the near miss with Cheetah II (a sail cat) .. just as well Nigel had dropped the tow by that time :clap_1:

Did you get any pikkies of our engine room fire?

T

Task Force 57

:respect1:

Rofl! Seen it all now! Cant see old admiral Donitze approving of using a sub in such a manner! Tut Tut Tut...

Ps ... what class is the sub? thought it was a type21 or an Alpha at first but the snuby stern looks more like one of those 1970's swedish coastal boats...

A

ajg141

The Sub is actually a Seehund - and performed its task admirably. The barge (which I am told weighs 60lbs) looked very odd - apparently sailing along by itself at times.

Unfortunately I didn't even hear about the engine room fire in the warship until we were clearing up after the show - so no pictures I'm afraid.

Andrew

N

noobee captain

Not the first time a submarine towed something although an unusla entry for the show at Greenock today (if that is where he is heading). I agree with Adam - at least it is a boyant marker for a downed sub!