A Smythemeister M3 Half Track

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,who`d of thunk it eh?!!..... I`ve actually FINISHED a GB entry WITHIN TIME :astonished:!!
.... Mainly due to it being such an enjoyable build:nerd:,anyway,i`m not great with pics,which is a shame,as it actually looks SO MUCH BETTER than in these images:sad-face:.....
Nevermind,here`s some of the interior type stuff......
IMG20221007160247.jpg
IMG20221007181428.jpg

and just a couple of side shots........
IMG20221007181356.jpg

IMG20221007172140.jpg

A shame i can`t get better pics up,i`m trying to find a good camera to take proper pics with,but my questions keep falling on deaf ears!!
Anyway,this has been a very enjoyable build,and is destined for a small Dio in the near future:thumb2: ,
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
News Flash on SM.........................

"Stop the presses"!!!!!!......Add a new headline!!!.......Somebody call the BBC!!!!!!......We need an exclusive interview, now!!!......

Mr. Smiff Finishes a GB!!! And...Inside the Timeframe.

Congratulations Andy!!! The Devon Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, (choose one) will be stopping by for the complete story later on. I just want to say that your rendition of this 1/2 track is SUPERB Sir. So happy to hear that it was a fun build and caused you no probs. Excellent finish and we can't wait to see it in a nice dio, when you finish the mossie have the time...

We now resume our regular programming......................

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks fantastic andy , love the loaded look . Taking pics is a bit of a pain sometimes unless youve got all the lights and stuff and know what your doing ( I dont ) . As Si says though , a plain background like a piece of coloured card ,light grey, black or white , about A2 size can make a big difference. Not only does it focus the viewers attention on the model , it helps with the auto settings on the phone or camera ( again something I know bugger all about !) . All I know is that a different colour background can make the models colours look different so I just take a few pics with different ones and use which looks best . As for a camera , ive only been using the iphone recently , find it less hassle than getting the laptop out , firing it up and loading the pics onto it. With the phone its all in one .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
News Flash on SM.........................

"Stop the presses"!!!!!!......Add a new headline!!!.......Somebody call the BBC!!!!!!......We need an exclusive interview, now!!!......

Mr. Smiff Finishes a GB!!! And...Inside the Timeframe.

Congratulations Andy!!! The Devon Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, (choose one) will be stopping by for the complete story later on. I just want to say that your rendition of this 1/2 track is SUPERB Sir. So happy to hear that it was a fun build and caused you no probs. Excellent finish and we can't wait to see it in a nice dio, when you finish the mossie have the time...

We now resume our regular programming......................

Prost
Allen
There you go spreading Malicious lies, Rumors and Innuendos again...... :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::smiling5:;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

That's really rather good very well done indeed!! And well done for getting it over the line in time.

ATB.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That came out very nice indeed.
And well done on finishing befor time! :smiling5:
With regards to the camera. Pretty much any newer mobile phone/Smartphone thing has a good camera in. Better or as good as most dedicated cameras!
I take all mine with my mobile's camera.
Also the back ground helps a lot. A few bits of card to bounce light off will bring a bit of control over the shadows and highlights.
But to be honest your photos are not that bad Andy a little bit to much light maybe. but otherwise OK.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Smithy well i dont often comment on armored veichcles but i like to look at them an i do but your half track is one of the most realistic ones ive ever seen very well done on this build an very glad you enjoyed doin it an fininsh on time wow well done my good freind
ATB mate
Chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Andy. Very well lived in, with nicely realised detail. Photos are OK as well, just a little overexposure on some. A clearer background of a mid tone colour (not black or white) will easily cure that.