Accurate Miniatures 1/48 A-36 Apache

First Name
Dave
This aircraft was an early Allison engined forerunner to the Mustang and was used for ground attack.I bought this kit when it first came out,nearly 20 years ago.And it's languished in my stash ever since.So I thought it was about time I built it.Italeri have just released one of these and I believe it's the same mould.A magazine review I read recently slagged this kit off. But I found it to be very good with no build problems or fit issues at all.The stars and bars on the decal sheet broke up when I tried to apply them.But they were 20 years old.So I used ones out of my decal collection .Surprisingly, all the other decals went on ok.The mission markings down the side of the fuselage were supplied in 4 sections making them easy to apply.

M

mobear

Dave that looks awesome all most perfect in my eyes worthy of 5*s i feel

First Name
Richard
Dave you nailed it again, awesome build.

Really enjoy watching your models.

Cheers Richi

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Clearly up to your usual excellent standards Dave.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top build dave , a seldom seen aircraft but very important nonetheless, being as it is the grand daddy of the mustang. The Accurate Miniatures kits are excelllent arent they, I believe Italeri have re-boxed a few (Avenger , Apache, Mitchell ) .Ive got the Yak 1 but I only half finished it ,I must get round to completing it sometime. cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Dave, nicely done. For such an old kit that has been in your stash for so long, it has come out just fine.