The latest Lancaster

B

bartley

Hi all, I just bought the first issue, (for 50p), of the latest 'build by installments' offering simply because I was curious as to the build process, cost etc.

It's just as well I had no intention of buying the whole lot as it would have cost over £600 pounds and taken 2 1/2 years to accumulate all the bits.

I'm sure that with care a beautiful model would result but just who(m?)is this aimed at I'd like to know?

It's such a lot of time and money for an earoplane that doesn't even fly!

Does anyone actually complete these do you think?

Steve.

S

stevenlarge42

\ said:
Hi all, I just bought the first issue, (for 50p), of the latest 'build by installments' offering simply because I was curious as to the build process, cost etc.It's just as well I had no intention of buying the whole lot as it would have cost over £600 pounds and taken 2 1/2 years to accumulate all the bits.

I'm sure that with care a beautiful model would result but just who(m?)is this aimed at I'd like to know?

It's such a lot of time and money for an earoplane that doesn't even fly!

Does anyone actually complete these do you think?

Steve.
hi mate....yes heard about this kit from hachettee....but i wudnt buy it coz it costs too much monies.....so tht why i got 1-200 scale bismarck from hachette yrs ago....but it so expensive to make it and aslo pay another for radio controlled items as well......

so it up to u to make it.....yr choices.....

so i got bismarck at the moment but stop making on part 70 coz it too much monies spent on it.....so tht why i wont get tht plane.....from hachette...

but at the meantime u can get gulliows planes of yr choices.........

it come with everything in box.....balsa,rubber,clay,3 plans,decals.spare basla,metal items......lovely details...very cheap........:dancing1:

so im impressed with GUILLOWS planes.......

i got P-4O WARHAWK WW2 USA PLANE......

so ever thought u mite buy it........have a look at.www.guillows.com

but u can buy from any uk model shops...............cheerio...steve

View attachment 19384

prod_det_1001.jpg

Last edited:
B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Steve,

Yep, I will agree with you on your post on these build by installment models. Whilst some of them do turn out to be nice models (when they eventually get completed) they do indeed work out to be very expensive.

I suppose the only good thing is that you actually get to learn how to build the thing albeit over a long period of time. I also wonder how many people actually stick it out to complete these things.

For static models, I suppose they are ok but for actual flying models they are usually inappropriate for beginners (remember the recent Spitfire they did)

I could quite easily souce a nice set of plans for the Lanc - at quite a nice scale too and build it with all 4 engines in there with radio installed too for a lot less than the one on this mag will cost.

Anyone not sure how to build them only has to look at the excellent under construction threads we have on here, Eg Greyhead's SE5-A and Andy's P-47 and now B-25 (To quote the most recent one's) and then all becomes clear. To see those costs nothing other than becoming a member of this site, the construction photo's are excellent and better than any manual you will find anywhere.

Regards...........Mark.

N

Number 1 Avro

Hi All,

I am new to this site so not sure how it works!

I wanted to ask if anyone has started building the Lancaster I had a look at it and it looks like a great model but would like to get some feedback from someone who is actually building before I invest...

Can anyone help?