Success

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As many of you know I have an interest in gardening.
Once a week I garden for a customer I worked for over a good many years looking after her property. When her then gardener became ill she asked would U take over
Since then jointly we decided to let one of the grassed areas become a meadow, only cutting the whole area once a year. The only part cut is the the walk ways .
In one area under an old apple tree I noticed some leaves from then an unknown plant. As soon as it had reached about 100 mm in hight on the two main leaves I noticed spots , a quick check suggested an orchid.
Since then every year it has come up, including another plant near by
This year has been the best so far as two blooms have formed on one plant and one on the other.
IMG_20190612_105907090.jpg
IMG_20190612_105918014.jpg
Thrilled as these have just arrived, leaving this area of lawn to go wild has resulted in these two stunning plants .
John

N
A

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lovely John. A southern Marsh Orchid I believe (just Googled the image).
Thank you, good suggestion Peter, but not quite right, its the Common Spotted Orchid. Both in that colour band, but the markings on the flower are more pronounced.

Hi Peter, yes quite correct. To be fair to Peter the first time I saw it two years ago I had to search in some books and on the web. There are so many, and often look similar.

Not a clue, but nice work John, not one bit green fingered.
Cheers Bob.

Hoping his year we might see some more plants appear, still have no idea where it came from.
Thanks for the comments
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Beautiful John I don’t think we have these in the states I don’t know

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, maybe the birds dropped it off! LOL Rick H.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful John I don’t think we have these in the states I don’t know
Hi Lee, thanks, there are about 200 species in the States many hard to reconise because they are so small . 100 of which are found in Florida, only found this out because I looked on Google though:smiling2:, I'm no expert .

JR, maybe the birds dropped it off! LOL Rick H.
Rick :thumb2: that would be the only way that was truly feasible, other than some one dropping seeds .
John :nerd: