AEC Armoured Regal Bus - 1/72 - (Fylde Armouries) - London Passenger Transport Board Home Guard

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello,
It took a while, but here are finally the pictures of my finished armoured bus.
The vehicle is 3d printed, the files come from "Fylde Armouries" and were slightly modified by me and reduced to 1/72.

aec1.jpg

When painting it, I tried to follow the two well-known photos of the original.

aec2.jpg

I didn't hit it completely. However, the model was only designed based on these photos, so upon closer inspection you will notice that various details in the photos are slightly different than on the model. So it's more of an approximation than a replica.

aec3.jpg

aec4.jpg

What attracted me to it is that this is definitely a vehicle that you rarely see anywhere as a model!
But despite all the exoticism, the clumsy box-shaped structure makes it seem boring, which is why I have put two of its contemporaries (Beaverette Mk.III with Bren turret, prototype & series model) alongside it in the last two pictures.

aec5.jpg

aec6.jpg

Of course, this “series” doesn’t end there for me. There are still a number of such home guard and emergency or stop gap vehicles on my wish list. Let's see which vehicle makes it onto the work bench next.
Best regards,
Andi

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Boring? No WAY! That's a cracking little subject and you've pulled it off superbly! Very nicely done.

I do like the little trio also. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Beautifully done Andreas. Almost armoured train like, and far from boring to my eyes.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Whistles in admiration! Wow, and such a small scale. Really fantastic end result Andi - well done my friend.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Captured to a 'T', what a brilliant job you have made and the camo scheme looks like the original.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Andi,
That is a little stunner, beautifully finished.
Thank you very much Paul!
Thats something different and very nicely done.
Thank you very much.
Boring? No WAY! That's a cracking little subject and you've pulled it off superbly! Very nicely done.

I do like the little trio also. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thank you. By boring I mean that at arm's length it just looks like a box. No curves or weapons or anything eye-catching. The next things planned (about the British Home Guard or British Army 1940/41) will definitely be more visually appealing. ;)
Beautifully done Andreas. Almost armoured train like, and far from boring to my eyes.
Thank you very much Tim, I hadn't thought of that, but it's true, it kind of looks like a Soviet tank draisine. :smiling5:
Whistles in admiration! Wow, and such a small scale. Really fantastic end result Andi - well done my friend.
Thanks Doug!
Captured to a 'T', what a brilliant job you have made and the camo scheme looks like the original.
Thanks so much.

Thank you all. I have to say that you were a great support during the construction. It is incredibly motivating to receive feedback and words of praise from you (I also like to accept critical comments in order to learn something!)
Best regards,
Andi