After 1 35 chain?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Gerry and John

Much food for thought!

Will have a look at some of the StuG modelling books, hopefully the builder will mention what size chain they used!!

Tried to gently bend the flat PE chain with the kit and yes snapped

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just had a look, only got 'curb' chains (no good, as the links are 'twisted' on them) - could have sworn that I'd got a 'belcher' there somewhere! Sorry, I can't give 'proper' measurements

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Gerry, appreciate the effort

Had a look through my books, can see the chain on a lot of models but only one maker mentions the chain, Tiger Model Designs, have messaged them

Thanks Gerry

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob, did you try heating the PE with a lighter to anneal it and make it easier to bend?

Andy.
Hi Andy, no, not sure as its very fragile. Will try to see what happens?

Thanks bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Joe at Tiger models advised using PE for the smoke candles, he has chain but due to the new vat does not now send to UK. He is looking for a UK stockist, very helpful to be fair

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bob,
The way I make my really thin chain is to take two strands of the thinnest wire that i have and twist them together until the twist are about the size of the link you want. next with some flat pliers gently pinch the strands flat. then cut to length. secure the ends with a bit of a CA. I will try and post some pics later.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
When the shops are open again, try Primark of Accessorze, both shops sell cheap accessories and jewellery. Most have the weong style of links but I have bough some which are the rich sizd and shap, usually for onlt a couple of quid.

Peter

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
The way I make my really thin chain is to take two strands of the thinnest wire that i have and twist them together until the twist are about the size of the link you want. next with some flat pliers gently pinch the strands flat. then cut to length. secure the ends with a bit of a CA. I will try and post some pics later.
Thanks Paul, kind of you:thumb2:
When the sops are open again, try Primark of Accessorze, both shops sell cheap accessories and jewellery. Most have the weong style of links but I have bough some which are the rich sizd and shap, usually for onlt a couple of quid.

Peter
Thats a good idea, thanks Peter!!