AFV CLUB ??

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi all

after some help is there a site for the AFV,models ?

if so dose some one have a link for it please ,

as I,m after some replacement tracks,for a sd.kfz.186,jagdtiger,porsche production type,

as I have never been able to find a direct email to help from Tamiya or Dragon,:confused::mad:

any help would be greatly appreciated,

cheers

Moni :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
http://www.afv-model.com/

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Saying that, AFV do not, or didn't do a track set for Jagdtiger, that might have changed, the Tiger II all in one flexible tracks do not fit as a replacement.

I found this set in OZ: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ModelKasten-SK-21-Workable-Track-Set-for-1-35-German-Tank-Destroyer-Jagdtiger-/401094400409?hash=item5d6316d999:g:vowAAOSwZ8ZW9A8Q

Expensive though :sad:

D

dubster72

I think you'll struggle to find a decent set of Jagdtiger tracks Monica, especially the type used for the Porsche suspension.

Even if you did, they're an absolute PITA to assemble being compromised of 6 parts for each paired link :sad:

Keeping historical accuracy to one side, you might be better off looking at tracks for King Tiger. I've used a set from Hobbyboss than were good & cheap at £5.

The only possible problem with that idea is that the Jagdtiger used an extended King Tiger chassis, so there might not be enough links.

There was also a company called WW2 Productions who made reasonably priced Jagdtiger tracks. They're no longer around, but some retailers might still have stocks.

The last option is to look through eBay for a built Jagdtiger & remove the tracks from that ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Si,Patrick,for your help, ;) :smiling3:

that is the very reason,I,m looking for some other tracks,Patrick,as the dragon kit dose have 5 bits per-link,:confused::eek:

as I was reading a review on the dragon kit I,m making,and that was the most thing pointed out,bad about it,

and someone had said that AFV,did replacement tracks for it,serpent type,

your dead right with the Porsche suspension,and they did have to remove one of the guild horns from the track,

so it would not hit the suspension,

I do know that ,Tamiya,dose a jagdtiger in 1.35,as well what comes with ,serpent tracks and link and length tracks,

but I can never find there email to ask or get some type of assistants from them,:oops:

maybe I should try the king tiger tracks sounds the best option,as five pounds is a good pries,