Air-to-air combat dio

B

Brickie

Cross-posted from UAMF, in case anyone also reads that forum...

I've just acquired a 1/72 scale PZL P.11 off eBay, and am thinking about producing a diorama of it attacking a Stuka head-on over Poland in September '39.

Has anyone any thoughts on this - in terms of damage to the Stuka but also of how to actually mount the aircraft in the right poses - would one of those two-kit Airfix bases do the trick or would I be looking at manufacturing something?

And if anyone knows of any pics of something similar knocking around, I'll be glad to see them...

P

phalinmegob

in my experience, those airfix dogfight double stands are crap, i had one that would not even support the weight of the plane in the box it came with. clear perspex tube may be a better option for you or even a small length of 9mm copper pipe which is quite sturdy but can be bent any angle you like.

B

Brickie

Googling for some tips threw this up - and I use the phrase "threw up" advisedly.

Make a military diorama of aircraft battling

So what's a "Tiger" when it's at home? Well, apparently it's a Curtiss Hawk with "US ARMY" on the bottom and RAF roundels on top, which fires rockets out of its machine guns and can dive vertically with its undercarriage extended...

B

Brickie

\ said:
Clear perspex tube may be a better option for you or even a small length of 9mm copper pipe which is quite sturdy but can be bent any angle you like.
I was wondering about something like this, actually...

pillars & dowel rods : Cake Stuff