Airfield Diorama

T

Triumph

I mostly collect diecast, but I like to picture my planes in a realistic setting. So I wanted vehicles to go with the planes. Which ment Plastic. So I Have returned to plastic after 30 years. Aircraft are Diecast all vehicles except one are good old Airfix kits. Hope you like em :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I didn't spot this at first because I went straight to your B-17....This set too is superb.

Like you I do dioramas for my models, it brings them alive and sometimes, if you are really lucky, look like 'the real thing'

Keep up the good work and I am sure more words of praise will follow.

Cheers,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They look very nice. As a man whose models sit on glass shelves I always enjoy the interest a diorama brings to the subject. Lovely stuff!

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Sorry Triumph, but I'm not impressed with these diecast aircraft. Yours are MUCH better!

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi triumph,great photos! i love to see dios with a realistic looking background and good lighting ,the photo backdrop is brilliant.Nice to see the old airfix refuelling set again too! Just checked out your cat and fortress too,great work ,keep em coming. cheers tony

M

Model madness

So let me get this right the aircraft are diecast...I'm in to them too...what make...also what do you think about me using two armor collection prop planes to make a 1/48 dio of a RAF airfield...what else would I need

B

Bunkerbarge

What ever 1/48th scale accessories you would want to add. Nowadays there are a lot more 1/48th models than ever before as Tamiya seem to have expanded this scale quite considerably. Any vehicles that would be appropriate to an airfield setting would do the trick and I think, others will correct me if I'm wrong, some of the Tamiya 1/48th aircraft include figures and vehicles. I don't know if you can get them seperately but have a look through the Tamiya catalogue.

I've got an RAF refuelling kit in my stash, this is actually rather a good use of it and tempts me to want to put it together.

M

Model madness

Thanks...I'll be starting soon and am preparing the base now...anyone kno if a airfield equipment set by revell in 1/48 scale is available in the uk

M

Model madness

Also how do I make a new thread album thingy thanks H

M

Model madness

And triumph u mau not be into 1/48 scale but do you kno where I can get me a armor collection b17 RAF