Airfix 1:24 spitfire vb

P

phalinmegob

First Name
Dave
Despite the problems it's turned out rather good.Its an old kit that's been reboxed several times over the years.So it isn't up to the standard of new Airfix kits which are excellent.Ive built a couple of Airfix's newer 1/48 kits and they are rather good.The TSR2 I'm currently doing isn't bad either.I expect the new 1/24 Typhoon to be top quality.

Z

Ziper_it

Not bad for being an old kit. Painting and effects are excellent.

Francesco

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Andrew. That has turned out top shelf despite the problems you had. A shame the kit wasn't up to expectations, but as Dave said the older ones were shockers at times and the new tool kits are a whole new world to build.

H

hey

Wow mam i like your work in all aspects !!

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk

A

Andy Mac

Well to me it looks ruddy superb, just as a Spit should. You've done a great job of the chipping and weathering, it finishes it off nicely.

Top job.

First Name
Mike
Looks great Andrew, and good to see one of these finished.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks the biz!

Old kit, warped plastic. you would never guess looking at it.

Well done.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great Andrew. As everyone has said it's an old kit, not one for the Tamiya fans. I picked this one up recently - cheap (it's going to hang up in my garage) but tell me, is the dihedral ok. I've read that this is a big issue with this kit.

Colin M..

P

phalinmegob

Thanks Colin, this is probably not the answer you want but I would not know if it was right or wrong. In my case I think I was lucky to get the wings on at all and with the amount of twisting and clamping it's probably miles out.. I don't really go for much accuracy as long as it looks good to me and is close to being right

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build i do like it a lot real like the weathering on her, maybe have to make one , one day

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Thanks Colin, this is probably not the answer you want but I would not know if it was right or wrong. In my case I think I was lucky to get the wings on at all and with the amount of twisting and clamping it's probably miles out.. I don't really go for much accuracy as long as it looks good to me and is close to being right
If it looks close, that will do me. I don't need it to be spot on to the last degree, I just want it to look like a Spitfire.