Airfix 1/72 Hawk fighter/Interceptor from Space 1999

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is a old kit from 1979 and very easy to build and brought back some good memories not only of building this kit as a kid but of the show itself :smiling3:

I wanted to paint it like it was in the show as the paint instructions were different and seeing as the kits was not as detailed as the one in the show I added a few bits from left over kits that resembled the parts plus a little bit of imagination

Here's some pics of bits I added

View attachment 79242

View attachment 79243

These engine shots were just holes so I found some bits that ensemble thrusters View attachment 79244

View attachment 79245

I wasn't happy with the rocket pods on the kit so replaced them with a Marta rocket pod on the port wing and a censor pod on the starboard side
Now for the finish pics , this will be in a dio so will have some scorch marks on the nose and engines to show it entered an atmosphere at some point

I also added some left over decals from other aircraft I had built to give it a bit of reality and added detail View attachment 79246

View attachment 79247

View attachment 79248

View attachment 79249

View attachment 79250

View attachment 79251

View attachment 79252

Thanks for looking

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good Alan. Amazing what film makers thought would eventuate in the late 90s and early 21st century.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it Al, looks superb mate does bring back some very fond memories.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers joe I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

The thing I liked about Gerry Anderson shows were the models and the way you could tell what aircraft or vehicles he cannibalised and turned them into completely different vehicles , then he started space 1999 and went down a different root and produced models that he thought might be around in the 21st century :smiling3:

Shame got it wrong I wouldn't mind seeing a Hawk with British roundels :smiling3: tbh I nearly put one on lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Saying that, an Eagle Transporter would look good even today, imagine one of those brutes buzzing the sky...freaking awesome!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I like it Al, looks superb mate does bring back some very fond memories.Si:smiling3:
Mate I remember this show and I had the dinky eagle transporter

I'm after one of them next :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Saying that, an Eagle Transporter would look good even today, imagine one of those brutes buzzing the sky...freaking awesome!Si:smiling3:
Tbh mate I do t think an eagle transporter would get off the ground it's not very aerodynamic lol still it would be great seeing a full size one buzzing the sky's :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Tbh mate I do t think an eagle transporter would get off the ground it's not very aerodynamic lol still it would be great seeing a full size one buzzing the sky's :smiling3:
Anything will fly given enough thrust...and lets be honest you don't want to be anywhere near a Eagle when it's taking off and landing...given the ratio of rockets used on the show scaled up to 1/1 it would be like having two shuttles blasting off just to get it up in the air lol!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Anything will fly given enough thrust...and lets be honest you don't want to be anywhere near a Eagle when it's taking off and landing...given the ratio of rockets used on the show scaled up to 1/1 it would be like having two shuttles blasting off just to get it up in the air lol!Si:smiling3:
You could just imagine the middle section firing it's thrusters and breaking it in half

Launch control : "er we have a problem!"

Eagle one : no @&£? Sherlock !

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well. at least the cockpit could be jettisoned in an emergency... :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That only works if your actually in the air though:D

P

Polux

Hi Alan!

You don't stop to surprise me with these "strange" models :smiling3: but you have my attention, looks very good ;)

I like it!

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers polux I appreciate that I'll start the dio tomorrow :smiling3:

B

baz

Well here I am having a sneak peek at your work Alan great paint job if there was one thing I could really get right it would be painting its a pity you are not close to Preston in lancashire I would get you to do my painting for me .

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Barrie I'm glad you like it , I'm glad you like the paint job there was a fare bit of masking up on that :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Cracking Job. I like that a lot.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like this one,and can remember watching it as well,very nice start, ;)

you doing some think like the beginning of the show were its lifting off from the pad ? :rolleyes:

N

noble

That's great I love this and I used to be a fan of the show too.

scott