Aviation News-Breaking News C-5 Crash Dover air base.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A C-5 cargo airplane with 17 people aboard crashed near the Dover Air Force Base Monday morning, according to a state public safety official.

There is no word on fatalities but Department of Public Safety assistant director Allen Metheny said some injuries have been reported. Some patients are being taken to a local hospital and others were being taken to a trauma center.

It's not clear if the airplane was landing or taking off when it crashed around 6:45 a.m.

The airplane broke into three pieces, with the cockpit separated from the fuselage and a wing shattered.

The C-5 is one of the Air Force's largest cargo planes and is designed to carry very heavy cargo loads on transcontinental deployments.

R

rjwood_uk

well obvioulsy they had not done pressure tests!!!

sorry, i know its not funny.

i dont think iv ever heard of any problems with the C5.well not since test flights anyway.

dont let charlote read this she will be devistated!!!

P

Pogo

I think the last C5 crash was during a flight from Ramstein during the Gulf war 2 There were survivors among the crew. It was a cargo flight and not a trooping flight.

R

rjwood_uk

prob why it wasnt publisesd much!

(sory dont know how to spell that)

P

Pogo

It was headline news on all the channels just as the RAF herc that crashed in iraq was

R

rjwood_uk

oh, missed that then!!! some millitant group didnt claim to shoot that down as well did they??

P

Pogo

No . I can.t remember why the C5 crashed .I think it aqua planed on a wet runway ?The herc was destroyed after an explosion on board just on rotation. Something went off in the cargo hold . Everyone got out i think . UI have it on video somewhere. I taped 96 hours of the first Gulf war and 40 of the 2nd.