Avro Vulcan

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
It was a most excellent day :D , I've got a few photos that I need to sort out :oops:

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
It was mate I only got pics of the Vulcan but the wife has all the others but there on her camera, I took that off my iPhone and cropped it :smiling3: , I also got up close to it I men close I have pics of me and the kids under the nose of it :smiling3: and I found out that unless they can get rolls Royce to lengthen the operational lease on the engines next year she could stop flying for good

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Very nice photos mate :smiling3: , we stood right by where the Vulcan came to rest :smiling3: my wife sat down and had a big blue umbrella :smiling3:
Not a million miles away then, we were to the left of the commentary box, the sky divers landed in front of us! :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Not a million miles away then, we were to the left of the commentary box, the sky divers landed in front of us! :smiling3: Lee :smiling3:
Nah not to far away at all mind you I always think it's dodgy jumping out of a helicopter lol , I got a crick in my neck watching them jump out it was right over our heads

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Looks like you had a good day i would have gone but the mot fell on the day.

Oh well theres always next year.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks like you had a good day i would have gone but the mot fell on the day.Oh well theres always next year.

Peter t
The wife said next year just the two of us are going and we are going VIP :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Fantastic sight the Vulcan. Came over to Jersey the first year after renovation. Never seen such a sight of an aircraft.

It flew over the bay in front of all the spectators a couple of times as slow as I would think it could.

Then at the end of the third run it just went into orbit full power at an extraordinary angle and the power from those engines was just something to behold.

Stood under it at a museum some where in the Midlands, cannot remember where, and the sight was awesome.

Just read about the Black Buck attack, yesterday evening, the attack on Stanley Airport in the Falklands. Amazing flying. Flight Lieutenant Withers the captain of the aircraft, he was no2 the first Vulcan turned back, found he did not have enough fuel after the last top up to make the attack and get back to rendezvous with the Victor Tanker.

Bombed and a Victor Tanker managed to get far enough down to top up empty tanks.

Just a remarkable aircraft never to be repeated.

Laurie

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Nah not to far away at all mind you I always think it's dodgy jumping out of a helicopter lol , I got a crick in my neck watching them jump out it was right over our heads
Lol.

I think it's dodgy jumping out of any aircraft that's working...scary! o_O.

I must admit, it wasn't the easiest drive home looking at the roof lining, lol, :D :P

\ said:
The wife said next year just the two of us are going and we are going VIP :smiling3:
Start saving now Alan, I think it's about £160 per head :eek:, i'll save as much as possible! ...don't forget to wave at me with all the other scivvies sat on the grass, lol :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Lol.I think it's dodgy jumping out of any aircraft that's working...scary! o_O.

I must admit, it wasn't the easiest drive home looking at the roof lining, lol, :D :P

Start saving now Alan, I think it's about £160 per head :eek:, i'll save as much as possible! ...don't forget to wave at me with all the other scivvies sat on the grass, lol :D

Er you have a point there mate it's never wise to jump out of a aircraft :D , and from what I saw you get for that price it's worth it but I would never gloat :D

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Er you have a point there mate it's never wise to jump out of a aircraft :D , and from what I saw you get for that price it's worth it but I would never gloat :D
I'll have get swmbo to curb her retail therapy sessions, lol :Do_O

P

Polux

Looks like you had a good day friends!!

These photos are fantastic ;)

D

daveb257

Looks great, I was booked to go but couldn't unfortunately, that Hunter of Jonathan Whalley , Miss Demeanour is a glorious sight & looks phenomenal in that paint scheme ( brave idea for a build someone?)

He was a Cholmondley Pageant of Power last and stayed well over his display slot, one of the highlights of the weekend

View attachment 85983

image.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Stood under it at a museum some where in the Midlands, cannot remember where, and the sight was awesome.
Newark Air Museum?

ive been inside that one, i certainly wouldnt have fancied flying from Ascenion to FI and back in one!