BAE Viper 'Red Arrows' @2035

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
2035 Red Arrows BAE Viper F1

It's the year 2035 and the Red Arrows unveils its new mount.....the all new BAE Viper F1

2016.....Scotland and Wales gain independence and formally leave the United Kingdom, and within 2 years are full members of the EU, their applications rushed through.

England and Northern Ireland continue as the New United Kingdom, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man become full members of the NUK, ceasing to be Crown Dependencies

In 2018 an unexpected General Election is called, after a vote of no confidence is passed against Prime Minister Clegg (he takes over the Premiership after the sudden resignation of Cameron after the MacTavish-Romanov bribery scandal becomes public along with his alleged affair with Katie Price)

It comes as a big surprise to the Conservatives and Labour when a new emerging party, The Common Sense Party, sweeps unanimously to victory. tired of all the inter party feuding and scandals the population decide they want someone new in power.

By the end of 2019 the CS Party has kept its electioneering promises. After a referendum, the NUK leaves the EU. It feels the benefits are not worth what it pays to the EU and cuts its losses

Not being tied to the regulations enforced by Brussels the new Government does what it feels best for the NUK. Immigration ceases, not just from Europe but from anywhere!

Unemployment is tackled by real investment in industry and infrastructure, cash is re-directed from overseas 'charitable donations' to fund this

The Armed Forces, for years run down are expanded, given new tasks with disaster management, airport/seaport security. The Navy role is mainly of fishery and oil resources protection, and border enforcement. The RAF enforces air space protection, maritime patrol and transport duties.

heavy investment in alternative energies as well as nuclear power will reduce relying on imported oil/gas/electricity from Europe

By 2025 the NUK is in a good condition, something that cannot be said for the rest of Europe. The EU goes bankrupt and is dissolved, much to the dismay of France and Germany. It will take many many years for mainland Europe to recover from yet another recession.

By 2026 Scotland and Wales are bankrupt and are asking to rejoin the NUK. This doesn't come cheaply for them, they have to sign away all rights to independence for 199 years, dissolution of self governance and pledge allegiance to King William V, all control of their energy resources come under control of Westminster

By 2030 NUK is the major player in western Europe

A financial and industrial powerhouse, non reliant on others for power (thanks to nuclear power plants, coastal wind farms and tidal energy farms, solar power and the new oil/gas fields found off the coast of Northern Ireland), unemployment at an all time low for 50 years, it finds itself a major exporter of everything from electricity to food

Military hardware in particular is sort after by other parts of the globe, especially since traditional exporters of France and Germany are drastically reduced in ability.

In 2035 BAE unveils its newest aircraft, the Viper F1, powered by the new Rolls-Royce Guillemot engine, which runs on the new XP7 hi performance bio fuel developed by BP. It is to replace the disliked and underperforming F35 that entered service in the '20s and is well past its replacement date. its hoped that the Viper will become a major export, and to help with promoting it, the first aircraft are allocated to the Red Arrows who go on a world tour

Shown is Captain Paul 'Scarlet' Metcalfe's aircraft

A

AlasdairGF

Well, can't say I care for your politics - but you do make a mean Red Arrow/thingy! Nice one.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Best off steering clear of of polotics.

On the other hand a lovely and different take on the red arrows

i like it.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great story but your red arrow is how I wanted mine to look it really is a piece of artwork I love it :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice build and background Paul. Common Sense Party you say. That would take some doing in politics.

P

Paul Daniell

Love it even the cheeky captain scarlet ref at the end.

M

MattyNoNeck

I love alternate and speculative history. Great read!

Unfortunately, I can't see the images :sad: May have something to do with the firewall here at work

W

Willi262

I like the short story exposition. It appeals to my author ancestry. Nice work on the model too!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thanks guys

the story does not necessarily reflect my own political beliefs by the way, its simply a what if alternate history

its something i used to be very much into, i have been a member of two whif model forums in the past, once did a long running AH which was a few thousand words long with maps and stuff, where Germany invaded the UK during WW2, the Empire carries on the fight, Continental America unifies to stay neutral, Queen Anne leads the Empire to victory.........did another with a fictional country called Kikuchiyu (i used to play the Nation States internet game) who's wild hamster population was being poached to extinction by a neighbouring country, the World Wildlife Fund gives 50 million to fund a breeding programme but it gets spent on leasing Harriers from the RAF and they go on the offensive instead ;) (shows how long ago that one was! lol )

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That really made me smile Paul !! Not only a fantastic build (and its scary how the red arrows scheme just looks so natural on the intercepter) but a thoroughly excellent back story (or should that be forward story!?). I for one will be voting for the common sense party in 2018 LOL!!!! In every respect a Great build mate , cheers tony