Brazilian EE-T2

W

Weeman0000

Hey guys, Finished this one a good while ago but it was horrible and crap so iv re-done it before it was done :confused:

Iv been wanting to do a camo net build for a while now but the bandage i had was crap and i never got round to it but after looking through all the bandages in the house iv found suitable material.

This tank was easy to throw together but it doesn't have much detail so i got out the washes and aged it 30 years then i covered it in a camo net and threw loads of pigment at any area not covered with a net. Its really surprising how throwing a tub of pigment at something makes it 19.3x better :D

Anyway as always i only want the harshest of criticism and insults, bonus marks if you can make me cry HAHAHA

20160209_230110.jpg

20160209_230128.jpg

SDC14648.JPG

SDC14649.JPG

SDC14650.JPG

SDC14653.JPG

SDC14666.JPG

SDC14667.JPG

SDC14668.JPG

SDC14669.JPG

SDC14670.JPG

SDC14671.JPG

F

Fenlander

Nicely done Jason. The camo net looks good to me. Don't think there is anything I can criticise so no bonus points for me ;)

W

Weeman0000

If i remember rightly it was an asian kit with really bad plastic (not as bad as some [k1a1]) so the paints just wont stick first time and end up so streaky. Coupled with the fact that it needs two or three coats it gets rather heavy and ugly.

Anyone know how to get enamels to stick to a model without the need for a base coat? Iv got the compressor and airbrush set up and iv used an acrylic base coat but is there some trick to getting a matt enamel to work out the tin? my first few tamiya kits were painted with one coat of beige enamel but every tank since has been so bad with regards to enamel base coat... (off topic but whatever :P General offtopic assistance is fine.)

W

Weeman0000

Cheers! So its not too much? With the bulldog i went with minimal netting (was going to put cuttings of bushes and stuff in there too but it would get stuck or rip the net and eventually go brown) but i wanted to recreate a heavy camo net look like you find on google, so much camo that its dragging along under the tank haha but obviously those are generally forest nets on green tanks so it wouldnt have looked as kool, however with desert style its generally all yellows ect, so i done my own crude camo pattern on the net before putting it on.

First Name
Robert
This is a fantastically depicted camo netting, you could defo place this in undergrowth and it could easily disappear!!

( made you laugh ) oh well nil points for me

Robert