CAD Plans?

W

Wowbagger

Okay, plenty of CAD plans around on the net for download, but where can we get them plotted out at reasonable cost?

Here's a selection of plans for download: HERE

J

Joules

Try me. I have a vinyl cutter, that also takes a plotter pen. I can plot anything (dxf, vector file) upto 600mm x 6m Price depends on detail and time taken to plot, but should be only a few quid... Postage is the stinger...

Joules

W

Wowbagger

Terrific Joules. When the latest project is out of the way I'll be in touch.

A lot of these CAD plans are real sketchy - not much use to a beginner, but fine for us old hands. Notice your size limitations - can the plan be broken into strips for plotting? i.e. fuselage and wings on seperate strips, that sort of thing. Most of these plans have the wings above or below the fuselage making for one big square/rectangular sheet.

:thumbs:

J

Joules

No problem, if your wing span exceeds 6m, I can put it on another sheet :ohno:

Yeah, as long as the drawing is in a vector format, not gif, tif or any other bitmap, I can split and plot here.

I took note of your link and have downloaded as much of the free stuff as I could lay my mit's on... I also picked up some boat plans, if any of the other guys are interested.

Joules

T

Transplant92

If you are looking for somewhere to have full size plans plotted, I go to Staples in Fremont, Nebraska.

They allow me to email the drawings and print them as long as they are not more than 3foot wide and in black ink.

I had my P51B (3 sheets) printed for $5.00 for 2 and $3.00 for third one. Lots of office supply stores do that or the almighy KINKO's

T

tecdes

You can do all of this on your own machine.

There are a number of download file conversion softwares some free.

Choose one which converts the file without the need for owning an even simple £1000 plus CAD system.

Purchase Amethyst CADwizz - CAD drawings viewer. This converts & also prints is $49 or £30.

You can also convert to PDF.

An alternative. I used to run an Architectural Practice & had many requests to print drawings from those not having a CAD system. Try & chat up your local architects & Engineers & Graphic designers they all have plan printers. You may also have a printer shop which will print them.

Laurie