Caen Panther

B

Bunkerbarge

Again a diorama is ot just a model on a base, it is a snapshot in time, cabtured in 3D so the key to a successfull diorama is not just the standard of modelling, which we have in spades here anyway, but it is the creative composition of the scene. You almost feel like you are there with this and sharing the tension of the troops. Excellent job.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Now i like that Ty, lots going off. I get a feeling the Panther has just acquired it's next target and about to open fire. Great work, five stars from me. We have a problem Ty, i just got this base (MiniArt Village Road w/Ruined House) and i'm going to have the M10 Achilles on it. Will the Panther still be there or is it going to move on? There is no way i'm going up against a Panther, mind you if i come around the back i can take it out. There's a building and a tree in the way so it can't turn the turret lol.I get my coat.

Have fun, John
Thanks John. You'll enjoy the Miniart kit. The only thing I didn't use was the town marker. It was that or the tree and I've never made a tree like that before. I'm looking forward to seeing the M10.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
That's another fabulous piece of work Ty! Maybe even better than the desert dio you posted some time ago. ***** from me.Gern
Thanks Gern. This was a pleasure to do compared to the desert dio. 1/3 the sized and I didn't end up with sand every where. I swear, that desert dio was like going to the beach. Days later I was still finding sand :smiling3:

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Nice diorama Tyrel! Nice tense atmosphere to the scene and the various parts to it are finished to perfection.Paul
Thanks Paul. I really try and tell a story or set a mood when I do a dio.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Magnificent job Ty, a very well detailed and great building job on this dio,fantastic work.
Thanks sprayman. In my opinion it's the details that can really add to a dio. I try and have a good selection of spare odd and ends to add to the scene.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
I totally agree with the guys. Really amazing work from you. I love the detail leaves in the tree and the figures are outstanding. Still learning how to build and paint figures so this is truly an inspiration.
Thanks tiking. The tree is two products from a place called Scenic Express.

Super trees and leaf flake foliage. Works pretty well. Figures can take a while to get the hang of and that's why a lot of folks avoid them. I had the advantage of painting Dungeon and Dragon lead figures when I was a lot younger, I understood how to do a wash and dry brushing. And once I started doing the flesh in oil colours it all seemed to click for me. Check out my figure painting guide in the painting forum.

\ said:
Love that Dio Ty you've done an excellent job on that mini art building, i know what you mean about putting them together they are not the easyiest to work with and i considered it ready for the bin many times over. Well done.
Thanks gilleman. They are frustrating but I'm hooked on them now. I think I have around 15 more dio kits from them :smiling3:

\ said:
What a Smashing dio Tyrel 1st class all round , love the background sets the dio off nicelyI seem to be giving these out a lot lately but thats 5 stars from me , the quality of builds just gets better and better on the forum

Richy
Thanks Richy, much appreciated.

\ said:
Fantastic work there!!!! Love the detail!!!
Thank you Stephan

\ said:
Again a diorama is ot just a model on a base, it is a snapshot in time, cabtured in 3D so the key to a successfull diorama is not just the standard of modelling, which we have in spades here anyway, but it is the creative composition of the scene. You almost feel like you are there with this and sharing the tension of the troops. Excellent job.
Thanks Bunkerbarge. I always plan my dioramas with a "what am I trying show" philosophy. What location, mood, and time frame am I going for. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: