Centurion3RTR's Hobby Boss T-34/85

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm going to say this is finished, after an accident with the dio and three attempts to fix the base i've had enough and it went in the bin. So now the T-34 is just a stand alone model. I've had a few problems with this kit (my own doing) but enjoyed the build, and the next time i make something with a full interior it's going to be bigger lol.

Have fun, John

View attachment 27645

View attachment 27646

View attachment 27647

View attachment 27648

View attachment 27649

View attachment 27650

View attachment 27651

View attachment 27652

View attachment 27653

View attachment 27654

View attachment 27655

DSCF6265.jpg

DSCF6264.jpg

DSCF6263.jpg

DSCF6258.jpg

DSCF6256.jpg

DSCF6255.jpg

DSCF6266.jpg

DSCF6254.jpg

DSCF6260.jpg

DSCF6257.jpg

DSCF6253.jpg

F

Fenlander

That is one gorgeous T34 John, I still have this to start and would be well chuffed if it turns out as good as yours. That green looks really good, what colour did you use?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
That is one gorgeous T34 John, I still have this to start and would be well chuffed if it turns out as good as yours. That green looks really good, what colour did you use?
Cheers Graham, Humbrol Matt 159 was the colour matey. Ron will be pleased too, it was all done with the brush. I'm working on a new idea for the casting on tanks and if it works i'll let you know mate so you can give it a go.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

I would not have thought it was brush painted, really well done mate. Look forward to your intriguing idea for getting the cast finish (pulls up a chair, grabs a coffee and waits.........)

S

sprayman

A little scorcher, getting more and more interested in Russian hardware, especially when I see results like this.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a little beauty! ***** from me.

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolute class John, that's a real quality finish. You've picked out the detail in the kit beautifully and as such is a strong enough model in itself without any other distraction.

Top work!

5*

Paul

M

msm2

5 Stars from me. Can you do my ones that I have sitting here.

Tony..

N

noble

John let me start by saying that this is one of the best T34S i've seen done in a long while, and brush painted too the weathering and detail is gorgeous and i like the battle damage, you get the big 5*s from me as well beautifully done.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well well well, John. What a cracking build for me to see now I'm back home.

Scott has it spot on, this is the best T34 I've seen on here too, and that says something when you look back at previous models.

Picture 7 is just class.

The icing on the cake?.....It's all done with brushes. You are flying our flag higher than I could ever imagine!

Very well done and the big 5 from me too!

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
WOW!! Thanks all and thanks for the five lads, now i have my magnifying visor thing's are a little easier. The battle damage was an after thought Scott, i built the hull up and then started to cut it up. And you'll notice that on the back of the tank there is some spare tracks, the carpet monster had a few bits so i had to cover the holes up with something.

Graham mate, that idea work great so i'll post it up later when the camera batteries are charged..

Thanks again have fun, John

B

backonthecase

Hawt Diggidy Dayum John this is lookin sweeeeeet! Makes me want to get back on mine..! Nice work A+ go to the top of the class

Stuart

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a little gem there John. Brush painted!!! Dude thats a darm good finnish you got on it.

Heres an other five for the collection*****

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks lads, guess who brought another one? Yep, me lol, well they do say "learn by your mistakes".

Have fun, John

B

Bunkerbarge

An absolutely superb finish and a classic example of brush painting at it's best. I'm not the biggest of fans of airbrushes, I know they have thier uses and exhaust smoke staining simply can't be cteated any other way but I think it is easy to fall into the trap of using them too much. This just reminds us how good a brush can be if used properly.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Richard for the kind words, don't get me wrong i do use a airbrush but only on 1/35 scale and bigger. Only thing is, i mainly build 1/48 scale, it's just nice to go back to grass roots modeling. And on the plus side, a brush is alot easier to clean lol.

Have fun, John