Cessna 180?

80s90s

SMF Supporter
First Name
A.J.
I’m looking for a Cessna 180 model. The only thing I’ve been able to find is by KP, (czech) manufacturer.

Does anyone have experience with them or can suggest an alternative?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi aj welcome to the forum . The KP 180 is a new tooling of their own ( they also do reboxes of AZ , Valom and other short run manufacturers )
As such it should be pretty good , recessed panel lines , reasonably detailed , good decal choice. As with most short run toolings it will require a bit of care ( ie. probably wont have locating pins and may need some mould seams cleaning up ) but should build into a great model .if you search ‘ fouga magister ‘ or ‘ LET morava ‘ it should bring up two of my builds , both KP kits , this might give you an insight into what theyre like , hope this helps , cheers tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I totally agree with Tony. I was impressed with his two KP builds and bought one of their Spitfire kits. It built up very well with few issues.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I’m looking for a Cessna 180 model. The only thing I’ve been able to find is by KP, (czech) manufacturer.

Does anyone have experience with them or can suggest an alternative?
The Cessna 185 is a development of the 180 ( larger tail & engine ), and I should think most of the sprues are common to 180 & 185, but you can get the general idea of what KP models are like............
Dave

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The KP kits of the C180 are the latest and probably the easiest to get hold of. Check the sprue shots in reviews, you might be able to build a 180 out of a 185 kit if both fin types are supplied. The engine cowls are pretty much the same between the later 180 models (G to K models with the six side windows) to the 185.

Your alternative are vac-moulded Khee-Kha 1/72 Cessna 180/185 kits https://opland-freeman.com/khee-kha/kit005.htm

Apart from these, in 1/41(! )scale is the ancient Monogram model kit of an early 180 with the early window configuration, cowl and wing/fin tips.

A great aeroplane, I had the pleasure of logging over 600 hours in a 180K. I'm always surprised that, like most GA aeroplanes, there are so few kits available of these iconic and popular subjects.

80s90s

SMF Supporter
First Name
A.J.
Thanks everyone for the replies and advice, the kp sounds like a winner! I was actually looking for a 188 but the 180 will have to suffice