Charioteer

N

noble

cracking job as an observation though a little bit of weathering would enhance it even more.

Scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Malcolm. Looks very nice indeed.

May I ask what paint you used for it. Also how was the AA conversion. I'm thinking of getting the gun tractor conversion.

Five stars from me.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Mal, a factory fresh one, well thats something different.

Tony.

P

Polux

Looks very nice and fine to me Malcolm.

Interesting model, congrats!

Polux

Ok. That's my last day off from my extended weekend, so I can moan a bit:smiling3:

First thing I see is it's too glossy. Tanks don't shine like cars, unless they are wet or in museum. You can see dust on the body, don't know if it's just fresh or painted over, take a rush and give the model a good swipe. And the last thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but for a wash you used the same type of paint. I mean, did you put acrylic gloss varnish and then used acrylic based wash? (or enamel varnish and enamel based wash). I just see what was driving me mental when I tried to put a wash for the first time:smiling3:

But overall it's assembled nice and clean. Just looks like you wanted it finish quickly and didn't pay attention to paint job and weathering. Oh yeah, could use some mud and dust, especially around wheels and tracks. I hope I wasn't too harsh.

Regards,

Bart

R

rememal

Thanks for the comments fellas.

Bart, not too harsh at all, it`s all about opinions and I value them all good or bad.

You are right, I should re-visit this one and do a bit more on it.

I`ve left it clean for a reason, I`ve based it on a couple of rare in service pictures (in British service, that is) of these vehicles on parade in Liverpool with the TA, 23rd Brigade in the late 40`s, in which they look very clean.

I`ll re-photograph it when I get round to some more work on it.

Once again thanks

Malc.

R

rememal

Ian, yet again the conversion was a pleasure to build, the knife work to the base kit presented no problems and the AA bits went on and together with no problems.

I think AA`s conversions are a lot easier to put together than their full kits, some of which, especially the older ones, can be a PITA to put together, but look great when done and their kits are stuff that main stream plastic manufactures don`t go near.

I have a fair few of their kits and conversions, all, I might add bought some while ago when I was still in employment but haven`t bought any for a few years now due to lack of funding but will, again, when I can afford to.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
like the conversion kite i'm looking at getting something from them they do some nice first world war tanks..and seeing your work makes me want to get some even more

R

rememal

I`d just like to add that the DBG used by the British Army in the 50`s and 60`s was a GLOSS colour.