Cheap storage solutions.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Whilst you are improving your work room spare some thought for that old adage 'storage',I have noticed that currently on the market are some really excellent multi drawer high density plastic cabinets,they come in 10 drawer,7 drawer etc but the good thing is that you can in fact make any combination of storage to suit your needs,all you have to do is remove the top and press the extra drawers into place,I purchased a ten drawer unit for 30 pounds and that is a lot of storage for your money ! mine are crammed with modelling bits and pieces and once filled they are steady,just dont get into filing cabinet syndrome by opening too many heavy top drawers otherwise there is a danger of tipping over,once whilst working in an office I witnessed this happening and it was frightening as the contents overloaded with a crash.

The cabinets lend themselves ideally to medium sized items and tools,at the end of the day stash your tools safely away to protect them and above all be able to find them again.

A few hours organisation will save you loads of flustration as you build your models.