Chieftain Tank in Berlin Brigade Cammo....Berlin 1980's

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Stupendous Ron ............ First of all I thought they were photos of a real one parked up against the damn wall (I have a chunk of that in storage) ....... I am absolutely in awe of this one matey.

Peter

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys for the great comments on this....

Alan, it was a nice surprise to see it amongst the posts after a fair time in the S.M. vaults!

It was a tough paint job and I was glad to put the brush away. Making the cobbled road near saw me off too!

Thanks for your comments on my Berlin wall, Peter.

I did give out duff gen on this. The cammo pattern was used by the Berlin Brigade only - not as I thought Nato.

Thanks again for your comments.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
your welcome Ron it realy is a fantastic build and has given me an idea as well

First Name
Robert
The paintwork ( that's an eyeful and made me look twice. Very disruptive and perfect.Liked the dio , really looks good Nice to see the paintbrush getting used too. I have a/b but 9 times out of 10 go back to me old faithfuls ( better for touch ups too )

Well done its a cracker of a cheifie!!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Ron for a few min,s you had me,i was thinking look at a 1.1 scale of a tank agains a wall, ;)

just awesome build,lov the wall and the road way and great camo on the tank and such a nice clean build all round

real lov it,top notch, :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Thanks boys for the posts and the 5*, I am really chuffed you approve of this offering but.....
This Master label is way over the top. I know you mean well and I appreciate the comments, but it makes for very embarrassing reading. There are far better scratch models on here than mine...Take Andrew's Joiner's Workshop for instance, now that's quality!

I firmly believe there is no such animal as 'The master' 'cos we are constantly learning as we go along.

This all sounds as if I'm ungrateful for the compliment, it's not that, it's just...you know.

Thanks anyway, mind!

Cheers,

Ron
Guess you're right Ron, going to dismantle the Alter tonight :oops:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Pure quality Ron. A superb model and a top quality dio. One of faves of 2015-despite being an oldie.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Cracking job Ron....... and so you should be proud of that matey. The paintjob is superb and the dio base with the wall .......... It all looks real. Really cracking job.

Peter

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your great posts.

I was surprised and chuffed to see this pop up for a third time. It brought back memories of a fair bit of hair tearing and rather unsavoury language as I painted the tank. The scratch built road and wall were very enjoyable to make.

If anyone is interested, I did a bit of a thread on doing the cammo. It's on page 6 of my threads.....

A special thanks to Peter for posting excellent comments twice!.....Have you still got your piece of the Berlin Wall?

Cheers,

Ron