Chota Sahib - 54mm Para and Casualty

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi all. Bit of a blast from the past. I think I painted this one when I was about 16 and reckoned it could do with a facelift.

Before and after a dettol bath. I wasn't expecting his head to fall off though, and I nearly lost the Sten mag.

_20221105_163838.JPG_20221107_193026.JPG

Undercoated with Halford's best and the casualty's head painted.

_20221117_211850.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting Windy. Not seen a Chota Sahib figure for years……detail looks pretty good for its age.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking good so far Alex.
I have this in the stash myself, got it for pennies at a BMSS show a couple of years ago. It's a great piece but I haven't yet worked up the courage required for the Dennison smock....
Keep up the good work and it's good to see you back and posting

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks chaps. That's the main colours blocked in. Battledress is Revell Dark Earth, maroon lid is Vallejo 926 Red, gaiters and webbing are 924 Russian Uniform, hands and face base layer is Revell Leather Brown and the base colour of the smock is a mix of dark earth, Russian uniform and white. The reason for the putty coloured boots will be revealed shortly.

Now time to start on the tricky bit!

_20221118_155418.JPG

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Getting there! Face, hands and fine details left to do - badges, buttons and buckles mostly. And I obviously need to reattach the casualty's head. Think I might need to tone down the maroon lid too - it looks a bit vivid. Not sure.

_20221119_162213.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good, they were some superb metal castings. Had a couple of them, think the one had a Scottie dog running alongside.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think you deserve
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations Alex .
Very nice to see it in both the paints ,looks really good .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice "make over" Alex, more than up to 21st century standards. :thumb2: and the "Dogs" thrown in for good measure!!;)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ahh Chota Sahib doesn't it mean Little Master ,the late Sid Horten was founder did he sculpt this one? Many blue moons ago I had the parra doing up his equipment on the runway prior to boarding think you cold have him with a duffle bag strapped to his leg ,I say many moons it was when it was first released so forty odd even.
Fantastic paint job and great to have ones memory jogged, thanks for showing us all this golden oldie(also good to see it holding its own even today). Dave