Christmas Disney Quiz

B

Bunkerbarge

Well it's that time of year again folks when thoughts turn to Christmas and time for a Disney Quiz. I can't beleive it was a year ago when I did the last one.

To keep it interesting this one is a bit harder, as I seem to remember someones missis last year took less time to answer the questions than I did to create them!!

The questions in this quiz are all about Walt's movies:

1) What year was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves released?

2) Who provided the ‘Whistling’ for the animatronics robin in the song “A Spoonful of Sugar”

3) Where is “The Jungle Book” supposedly set?

4) In which movie will you find Merlin the Magician having a duel with Madam Mim?

5) In which movie will you find a villain whose name derives from the fact that they are a cruel devil?

6) In which movie will you find the villain Maleficent?

7) What type of dog was “Lady”?

8) In which movie will you find Kirk Douglas playing the part of Ned Land?

9) Who wrote the original Peter Pan story?

10) The August 1993 issue of Playboy cited 43 instances of violence and other unfavorable behavior in this film, including 23 instances of battery, nine acts of property damage, three slang uses of the term "jackass", three acts of violence involving animals, two shots of male nudity, and one instance of implied death. Which film was it referring to?

Merry Christmas!!!

B

Bunkerbarge

So what's up, too hard for you?

Go and get the missis she'll be able to answer a few for you!!! :smiling3:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
1. 1937

2. Julie Andrews

3. Don't know

4. The Sword in the Stone

5. 101/102 Dalmations

6. Sleeping Beauty

7. Poodle

8. Wonderful World

9. JM Barrie (Peter pan was based on his older dead brother, quite an interesting story)

10. Pinocchio

Well how did I do?

B

Bunkerbarge

Very well actually 7/10.

As for number 9 watch the recent movie "Finding Neverland". As you say very interesting story.

Any takers for the three John got wrong?

B

Bunkerbarge

Well done Kiwi, so the only one left is Number 8), any suggestions?

A

alan2525

Number 8. is:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Good film and a terrific submarine too!

B

Bunkerbarge

Well done Alan, spot on.

I have actually seen the sub they used in the movie which was made into a park attraction for a number of years before being towed to Disney's Bahamian island for a while. I wish it was operational!!