Churchill Infantry tank MKVII - Tamiya 1/35

D

daveb257

This kit took me maybe two years to build and be happy with, as usual no crew, maybe one day :smiling:

Churchill while not the most flourish or famous of WW2 tanks have a special place for me, my late father drove & later commanded them through North Africa, Italy & on to Germany.

Reference materiel included long remembered conversations, old faded black & white photos, the excellent Haynes manual & AG Chester's wonderful site www.northirishhorse.net and two days at the Isle of Wight Military Museum lat year

(this place was such a wonderful source for info & resources. they had loads of stuff but church ills ranging from perfect exhibits to rusting hulks and bit of chassis/hulls/turrets everywhere however they've now gone bust, if I had the room I'd've put an offer on something from there and sadly it seems as they were doing the restoration for this project http://churchilltank.com/news-media/ it's also at an end)

Back to the matter in hand, painted by hand with Tamiya acrylics on the whole and Vallejo for details with Tamiya weathering.

Standard kit apart from a few bits of accessories from a Tamiya set, you'll probably notice the track guards have been removed alongside the turret which was fairly common as they were thin and clogged up/twisted quite quickly, however on the kit it's the thickest part of the hull and took a very long time and a few nervous moments cutting them out but I'm delighted how they look now.

0ne48thtel

Another great build Dave with really god weathering

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great stuff, I have a the same kit...must start it one day.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Dave. Lots of detail on that one!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
another great build Dave,do like the weathering as well,:rolleyes:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great work Dave, very nice