Colour pictures of recovered U-Boats

G

Graham D

This page might be use to those who model subs

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/come-on-39-images-of-recovered-u-boat-u534.html

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well that's a big surprise, you'd think that being on the bottom of the ocean for many years there would be silt all over it but they just look like they've been rusting out in the open , incredible thanks for sharing Graham :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Well that's a big surprise, you'd think that being on the bottom of the ocean for many years there would be silt all over it but they just look like they've been rusting out in the open , incredible thanks for sharing Graham :smiling3:
She was lost in the Kattegat sea, surrounded by Denmark, Sweden, it is a shallow sea but is very cold, also it has very strong tidal currents so anything attempting to grow would have a difficult time taking hold. The deeper wrecks are not normally affected by fast currents so marine growth has a chance to settle and grow.

Si:smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

Amazing that after all nature did to preserve this u-boat the complete idiots in Liverpool council then decided to cut it into pieces!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
She was lost in the Kattegat sea, surrounded by Denmark, Sweden, it is a shallow sea but is very cold, also it has very strong tidal currents so anything attempting to grow would have a difficult time taking hold. The deeper wrecks are not normally affected by fast currents so marine growth has a chance to settle and grow.
Si:smiling3:
Thanks for the info buddy I woundered why it was in such good shape so I could recreate it now I know the background I can go ahead and do it I think airside do a 1/400 scale type VIIc :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

If you go into my gallery there are still a lot of pictures posted of the 534 when she was still in one piece in Birkenhead.