Commissioned work ;;

First Name
Mike
Congratulations Monica, sounds like a nice little earner :smiling3:

\ said:
and i do no he has never traveled and dose not know about bartering
The downside of that is if he thinks your cost is too expensive: he may just reject it out-of-hand, leaving you to come back and suggest a lower price, which then looks like you were over-charging in the first place... I must admit, if it was me, I might question why I was being charged 150% the cost of the first model. Obviously, you know the guy and you know what's involved in terms of hours, but it might be worth considering charging slightly less so that he keeps coming back.

\ said:
be careful it don't become a job and stays something you love doing rather than something you have to do. Well done and good luck
That is really good advice. Most of my builds these days are for magazine articles, and while I really enjoy it the deadline pressure can drain some of the fun (I was up till 4am once in order to meet a press deadline the next day). My advice would be to have another smaller project going simultaneously, so you can take a break from the commission for a few hours now and then to work on something for yourself.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
agreed Mike,thats why i have set a min of the 300 as a bottom line,and i know if i get too hungry for the ready i will end up losing all,:confused:

and the idea on still keeping what i wont to do is good as well so work on both and them the other dose not turn into a job, ;)

First Name
barry
Well done mon, i agree with the guys above i was a freelance sculpter before i retired ,go high and come down within reason but dont go too high if you want more work and make shure you have enough time to finish them to a standard you are happy with there is nothing worse than having to rush a commision it puts you off doing any more , i know have been there.

BEST OF LUCK .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Barry do real appreciate the help and info,from you and all, and its all stuck in my head lol,

i do understand what you are all saying and will do my best,with it in cost and end work, ;)

oh your so lucky to be able to sculpt,thats one thing i would lov to be able to do,:rolleyes: