Completed: HobbyBoss 1/32 B24D Liberator

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This is probably the largest injection moulded aircraft that you can get with its 42 inch wingspan. The main issue was with the size and the problem of working the kit without the extremities getting knocked around! The fit is good to very good, the detail is OK and the accuracy not great with the wing profile being the big problem there. The engineering could be better particularly for the rear turret (and front one on the later version).

Companies like HKM could have done this better than HobbyBoss, for one thing they would have had better and more thoughtful engineering. But, at the end of the day, we are lucky and should be thankful that a company has actually released a 1/32 Liberator.

IMG_7347.jpeg
IMG_7348.jpeg
IMG_7349.jpeg
IMG_7353.jpeg
IMG_7354.jpeg
IMG_7355.jpeg
IMG_7357.jpeg
IMG_7359.jpeg
IMG_7360.jpeg
That underside shot was difficult to do as I did not want to put the aircraft down on its back.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Great result Barry, absolutely huge it is! Like the open bomb-bay, very nice model :thumb2: cheers

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
A neat build and painting, as per your standard, Barry.
Love the transparencies and I'm admired by your ability in managing properly such a huge model during the building and painting phases.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a big bird. Last time i saw a model that big, it could actually fly! Your one looks a lot better though. Great finish on the paint!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's excellent well their Barry! 42" wingspan. Out of interest is there enough weight in the front to stop it being a tail sitter?

ATB

Andrew

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Truly outstanding. Keeping to such a high standard of detail on something so massive is very impressive.