Completed Tamiya 1/35 M26 Pershing

D

dubster72

Hi all,

Here's my finished Pershing. It's the Tamiya kit which is pretty nice for anyone thinking about getting it. It goes together well & the detail is very good. The suspension is workable which sounds nice but in practice I found it to be fragile, resulting in most of the roadwheels breaking off at some point!

I added some extra detail on the exposed hatches, using leftover PE & periscopes from a Dragon Jagdtiger. The kit comes with the crew figures in the turret & I added the driver & bow gunner from some spares. The riders are from Dragon's 'US Tank Riders' kit.

I'm pretty happy with it, it's been done off & on, which means some things didn't go so well. The figures, while not perfect, are better than my usual standard so there's a bonus!

View attachment 42406View attachment 42419View attachment 42418View attachment 42417View attachment 42416View attachment 42415View attachment 42414View attachment 42413View attachment 42412View attachment 42411View attachment 42410View attachment 42409View attachment 42408View attachment 42407View attachment 42420

Thanks for looking & any comments, positive or otherwise are always welcomed.

Patrick

View attachment 45748

View attachment 45749

View attachment 45750

View attachment 45751

View attachment 45752

View attachment 45753

View attachment 45754

View attachment 45755

View attachment 45756

View attachment 45757

View attachment 45758

View attachment 45759

View attachment 45760

View attachment 45761

View attachment 45762

SP_A0044.jpg

SP_A0043.jpg

SP_A0042.jpg

SP_A0047.jpg

SP_A0046.jpg

SP_A0045.jpg

SP_A0050.jpg

SP_A0049.jpg

SP_A0048.jpg

SP_A0053.jpg

SP_A0052.jpg

SP_A0051.jpg

SP_A0056.jpg

SP_A0055.jpg

SP_A0054.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Patrick great detail and some fantastic weathering.

Vaughan

M

mobear

hey dubster,what a damn fine tank and crew,i`m drooling here.how long have you been painting figures for?coz they are fantastic mate

mobear

D

dubster72

\ said:
hey dubster,what a damn fine tank and crew,i`m drooling here.how long have you been painting figures for?coz they are fantastic matemobear
Thanks Ole! I've only been building seriously since 2009 ( I can't count making matchbox 1/76 kits as a kid! ) so I'm still learning ;) This can be a frustrating hobby at times but when it's good.... it's all good!

Cheers

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Spot on job Patrick, really nice, all round modelling. Coupled with some great photos.

Well done,

Cheers,

Ron

P

Polux

I like so much the paint of the figures and the bags!! Looks great! There is one soldier with a bandage in his hand, it's yours or come with the figure? because is a really nice 'touch'.

Best regards

Polux

D

dubster72

Thanks guys for your kind word's, and Polux, the bandage came from me accidentally getting a blob of paint on the guys hand so rather than re-paint it, I covered it up!

Like you, I think it works, so it was a lucky accident!

Cheers

Patrick

P

pneupack

Excellent work mate the figures are awesome great detail, any tips on painting figures and not the obvious use a fine brush : ) really love this your work is top notch.

Robert

:respect:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Excellent work mate the figures are awesome great detail, any tips on painting figures and not the obvious use a fine brush : ) really love this your work is top notch.Robert

:respect:
Thanks very much Robert. I'd like to say that I've a set way for painting figures, but I don't! I just try things I've seen & read on here and hope it works out! Sometimes it does & sometimes it's left in a box in disgrace!

Cheers

Patrick

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very, very nice Work Patrick. The figures look excellent as does the Pershing.

Good modelling skills all round.

All the best

Paul

C

CDW

I like that Patrick ... I like that a lot !!!!

Great 360 degree diorama, if you get my reasoning that some can only be (or look better) viewed from certain angles.

I really like the bandage cheat ... sorry ... idea :smiling3:

I'll be using that myself, saying that the figure will probably end up looking like the mummy if i've got a "shakey hand day"

D

dubster72

Paul, Trey, Colin & Ian, thanks so much for your kind words. It does mean a lot hearing that from modelers as talented as yourselves.

Cheers

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job patrick , your figures are excellent , ( i always struggle with figures , so dont do them too often!!)The base just sets it off perfectly too, cheers tony