Cool Post Shading/Weathering Technique

W

wanna_be_aviator

I just stumbled upon this tutorial, most of you guys probably already know this, I thought it was pretty cool and straightforward and the weathering effects were very convincing. Here is the link guys, I hope its useful for some of you dealing with postshading/weathering right now.

Weathering with "DULLCOTE" by David Rapasi

Cheers

Marcos

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers for that Marcos. Very interesting read

W

wanna_be_aviator

True. I wonder if others colours other than white can be used as well? I don't know why not. That would expand the range of possibilities quite nicely.

W

wanna_be_aviator

Funny. I can't get to write "cool" anymore without getting that cool smiley.

F

Fenlander

John!!!!! Can you edit the auto inset of C O O L please??? cool

B

Bunkerbarge

Generating a bleached paint effect is a great way of showing age and the examples shown there work superbly. As with all weathering though I would be carefull of overdoing it. I think one of the planes there looks just a spot too much for me but it does demonstrate the effect perfectly. Many thanks for the great link, something else to play with!

W

wanna_be_aviator

I side with you on that one Richard. I always think that sometimes certain weathering techniques are more than often overdone, and though they look good on the model itself they don't represent reality that accurately. I don't have much "weathering" :1newwink: under my belt yet but I'm definitely on the very cautious side specially on the case of small scales which I like so much.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for the link Marcos. What I really like about this method is that the decals also get faded as well . I've been trying pre-shading, which of course has no effect on the decals. This method solves that problem. Once again Thanks.

Regards

Colin M.........