CROMWELL AOP 1950`s

L

Laurie

Very nice model Malcolm. Like the out of factory look but is got a bit messed up. I like that

Laurie

First Name
john
I like it and agree it would look even better with a base and some crew

First Name
Robert
Fantastic awesome work there Malcolm

This is very nice and I like the weathering and dirt effects you have achieved. As you say you may crew it up and I'm sure it would like nice in any theatre you desire

Very well done

Robert :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: ( is this 6 stars???

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely done Malcolm. Subtle weathering and the foliage is a nice addition.

First Name
Aaron
Nice build mate, I like the foliage a lot and the subtle mud.

D

dougie

Nice build, the foliage reminds me of the fact my hair is leaving me. great job all round

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice clean build but would like to see a bit more depth in the weathering. A nice dirty blackish - brown wash and some dry brushing out of a lightened base color. Then a light dusting of a tannish hue, finished off with some metallic highlighting would bring out a nice realistic effect. A rusty - brownish wash on the tracks with again some metallic highlighting would add so much to your already fine build. Hope you know all helpful hints are given with kindness and respect.............Cheers...Jim :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do like this one Malcolm,nice and clean ,which the touch of the foliage gives the look of just starting its battle life, ;)

R

rememal

Thanks every one.

When it comes to weathering, every one has their own style.

I don`t like to overdo it as I think it can spoil a model.

This one is set in BAOR and when you check some of the available photos you will find that the RA kept their vehicles in a near immaculate state even down to polishing the muzzle brake to a high shine and even on exercise tended to keep them as clean as possible.

I have put more dirt on the model than on the real vehicle that I based the model on.

I have also noticed that I forgot to add the canvas covers on the gun barrel and the smoke throwers on the turret sides that were present in the pictures, so I maybe it isn`t as finished as I thought, but I`ll deal with that when I get round to putting it on a base,(when I find a suitable one). The foliage was also present on the real one too.

Again thanks for all the comments.

First Name
Mike
I like that; although I can appreciate heavily weathered models, you're right, some vehicles were kept pretty clean. Nice model.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Cracking job ......... Makes a nice change from the heavy weathering Malcom.

T

tommy1drop

Really nice build and finish Malcolm, I'm going to echo some of the other's thoughts, it is crying out for a crew and a base ;)