custom decals

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy CJ,

Well, I have made alot of my own decals, however I tend to shy away from decals for anyone else because it usually requires the model to be present to check for fit. But, There are products/computer programs made just for custom decals which you can purchase to make your own.

One such product is:

DecalGear.com

You can also purchase Testors decal paper seperately and the required decal "fixitive" seperately:

Which comes in your choice of clear background or white background. The "fixitive" is a small spray can seen below:

The spray is about $4.50 (US) and the paper is about $10.00 (US).

I am not sure about the availibilty in the UK and i know that it is hard to get spray cans through the mail but, I have used, with alot of success, other "clear coat" sprays for models as a fixitive for the decals after printing them. (You print the decals on your computer, then spray the fixitive or "clear coat" over the entire decal to lock the color in place before immersing in water).

Now you dont have to have a decal program to make your own decals, you will need the paper and the spray though, and then you can import your own artwork using most any photo editing program and print them directly from there to the paper (thats my preffered method).

I hope this has been of some help to you,

have a good day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

D

Dingo

Geg that is a great decal pack except when you lose it behind a rather large wall unit and you got to tear that unit apart to get it out, yep i'm still tear that bloody wall unit apart it makes me :smile11: with anger.

Desert Rat