dents and stuff.........

P

pizwi

I am VERY new to the model world and was wondering if anyone can help me find info on making my models look like they have been in a accident. Any help would be a great help.

B

Bazza

Mullered

What you could do is to take an old aluminium baking tray, the sort that comes with a supermarket ready meal and cut out a piece of ally sheet the same size as the panel that you wish to render as damaged. Now using the original panel as a template, place the ally sheet over the panel you wish to replicate and burnish until you have an exact replica. You can then dent, dink, crinkle, crease, paint, weather as required and superglue or hot glue as necessary to the model. Is that good or what?

Happy modelling.

C

chuteok

Hi mate, I am down in Australia and have the same questons about dents and weathering. I met a couple of the drivers who drove for the Toyat Team in Group C Le Mans prototypes, and got their input on just what rubbish the car picked up and scratches etc in the race, I will post some pics of the real car as I will build this fabulous 1998 Toyota GTone TS010 {should have won that year} at Le Mans...armour stuff I have been reading about gives race cars a good filthy look and materials from MIG dusting {like pastelonly better] for the weathering, banged up is more difficult, like Bazza said, could be a way to go, but if you buy some of the new Carbon Fibre from Studio 27 you can also fashion a new door/panel like a real car and in the making input the dents in early, tis hard to explain, but is like creating , then baking to harden. Anyway I know many race drivers on Facebook who also Model things, Emanulle Pirro 4 time Le Mans winner builds brilliant scale model planes and cars

Cheers

Chris:thinking: