Dessert dio in 1/48

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm going to continue this in here, its coming on well .Glad I bought those glasses , other wise don't think even 1/48 would be doable .
Spent some time painting the Ketten tried a camo pattern. Give your views please. The palmIMG_2817.jpgE2.jpgs
, I now have a system worked out, so have produced another 16 leaves, they will need at least a couple of coats, esp where the ca has spread out:sad:
IMG_2819.JPG
The rear seating has been done in oils, so can blend as and when .
IMG_2820.jpgE3.jpg
You can see the CA marks, but think another couple of coats will cover .
Comments welcome .
Thanks for looking in
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
JR
I am glad you had a go at the camo. The back seat has come up well. Will you be doing any washes or weathering?
Steve

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Steve .
Yes think that will be the next , should I varnish first or just do it , I was going to do a pin wash . ? Suppose I need to allow that rear seat time to dry first ?
John .

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi John palm levaes must a tremendous amount of work! Amazing! Good luck with the rest! Regards Danny

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Danny.
Should manage to get a bit more done on both the Stalingrad dio figures and this during the coming week .Have some more figures on the way for the Stalingrad dio. Had considered finishing the large one first , but think I can juggle between the two .
John.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Leaves are excellent. Camo will shape up I think after washes/weathering. 'Field expedient' means anything goes, so it's not to fret over except to represent your vision. PaulE

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul thanks. Sorry to be so long in replying . I do want to get this finished at some point. Completely out of my real area of interest, but no excuse for leaving it . Plenty to do on the dio, pleased to say that because I had such a tidy up I found the missing Kitten wheel.
John .